U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:39 AM

27 posts, read 117,828 times

Advertisements

Dreamweavin . You're making it out to be a lot worse than it is. It's amazing that you are in the center of so many bad experiences. Either you're just one unlucky person, someone who thrives on conflict, or you're making it up. Millions of people go skyward everyday, and you seem to know most of them, lol.

Mother of 2 seems to have the right idea. Sounds like she plans ahead and follows the plan. I've noticed while waiting in line, that the people who keep screwing up the flow aren't the ogfficers, it's the passengers that have no clue what they're doing. What I've seen is that a check is called, an officer comes up, the two people walk off and the officer pulls out the unknown contents and the the situation is resolved. I don't fly alot but what i've seen is just ziplock bags are left in the bag. Sounds like a big waste of time for the officers who need to be looking for guns and knives and things that go boom. But no, they need more and more officers because people Moderator cut: No reason to get personal !can't remember to take their crap outta their bags, lol. And before anyone talks any trash about the TSA not finding anything, check this out. TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security
TSA Week at a Glance (July 28, 2008 - August 3, 2008) they put new stats every week. And I would imagine that's only half of the things that are found.

Last edited by MB2; 08-08-2008 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 06:32 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,669,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_J_Cody View Post
Dreamweavin . You're making it out to be a lot worse than it is. It's amazing that you are in the center of so many bad experiences. Either you're just one unlucky person, someone who thrives on conflict, or you're making it up. Millions of people go skyward everyday, and you seem to know most of them, lol.

Mother of 2 seems to have the right idea. Sounds like she plans ahead and follows the plan. I've noticed while waiting in line, that the people who keep screwing up the flow aren't the ogfficers, it's the passengers that have no clue what they're doing. What I've seen is that a check is called, an officer comes up, the two people walk off and the officer pulls out the unknown contents and the the situation is resolved. I don't fly alot but what i've seen is just ziplock bags are left in the bag. Sounds like a big waste of time for the officers who need to be looking for guns and knives and things that go boom. But no, they need more and more officers because people can't remember to take their crap outta their bags, lol. And before anyone talks any trash about the TSA not finding anything, check this out. TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security
TSA Week at a Glance (July 28, 2008 - August 3, 2008) they put new stats every week. And I would imagine that's only half of the things that are found.
I believe DreamWeavin was just giving out information based on her experiences, not necessarily other people's experiences.

Last edited by MB2; 08-08-2008 at 08:22 AM..

Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,477,565 times
Are the airlines very strict as to the dimensions of carry on bags? I have a large camera bag that I want to take with me on an upcoming flight to Canada. It exceeds the dimensions of allowable carry on bags on NWA by a couple inches. Would it have to be checked?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:21 PM

27 posts, read 117,828 times
Default deep breath . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I believe DreamWeavin was just giving out information based on her experiences, not necessarily other people's experiences.
Sorry. Didn't mean to fly off the handle like that. I just get very protective of those guys. Didn't mean any offense. They're just doing their jobs.

Last edited by MB2; 08-07-2008 at 01:56 PM..

Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,698,132 times
As you guys might notice, did I get to work, editing some stuff out....which should never have been put into the equation in the first place.
Don't get personal....we are all adults here.
And, as always, cross-reference (if in doubt) with CD ToS (Terms of Service) rules and guidelines.
Thank you !

Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,503 times
Default Can anyone help me? confiscated legal things at security

I recently went to the airport and when I arrived at my destination, I discovered that my entire makeup bag with expensive brushes as well as hair combs and picks, had been confiscated.
The part I am so upset about is, they never said a word to me about it. Is there a place where I could possibly go in the airport to see if I could get it back. What do they do with things they confiscate at the security check? Does anyone know?

Bewildered passenger

Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,514,471 times
susyf, the source of info is again --
TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Check the links in the "Resource Center" in the right column.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM

6,262 posts, read 17,365,162 times
If it is missing from checked baggage; it is called Theft---not confiscation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyf View Post
I recently went to the airport and when I arrived at my destination, I discovered that my entire makeup bag with expensive brushes as well as hair combs and picks, had been confiscated.
The part I am so upset about is, they never said a word to me about it. Is there a place where I could possibly go in the airport to see if I could get it back. What do they do with things they confiscate at the security check? Does anyone know?

Bewildered passenger

Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,046,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
this is the federal government trying to keep us all safe from being blown up in the sky, so it's a really good idea to just go along. Have a fun trip!
lmao!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,046,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Actually, the liquid foods (which includes aerosol cheese, jarred peanut butter) is part of the liquid rule. All 3 oz (or smaller) containers of liquid must fit into 1 quart ziploc bag. Only one bag per person, food or otherwise.

You can take hard foods from home like cookies, peanuts, crackers, beef jerky, etc. Not sure about fruit.

You can also take any food stuff you bought (after going through security) with you on the plane, as long as it doesn't exceed the airline's carryon limit.
A week ago I flew through Fiji on the way to Australia. They took my unopened packet of beef jerky and my cheese crackers. I wasn't even entering the country, simply going through on a layover.

They also took my 1" long embroidery scissors, my fingernail clippers, and my embroidery needles. Fiji does not love me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or