U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 PM

1,238 posts, read 2,225,256 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for suggestions to places that would be ideal to go to for a honey moon.

The one thing I am looking for is a place where the US dollar is very strong over said countries dollar, that way my money can go much further.

Also, I would like to go somewhere coastal, whether it be a particular island in the Bahamas, or the shores of a Latin American country (Mexico, South America, etc). Would like personal experiences.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:42 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,372,412 times
We went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon and stayed at Sandles Royal Bohemian. Although I loved the Bahamas, we will never stay there again. The management was very rude to their staff in public, our room was very musty (it was carpeted...should have been tiled for that kind of atmosphere), and trash was only picked up in the evening thus leaving cups and such all around the pool which in turn attracted flies. YUCK!
We went back to the Bahamas 3 years ago and stayed at Atlantis. We stayed in their least expensive hotel, Beach Towers and selected a waterview. WELL WORTH the trip! Loved every minute there and would go back in a heartbeat. They have amazing places to eat on location, lots of things to see and do, and it is very easy to take a ferry into town for shopping. I HIGHLY recommend it. Yes, there are kids there, but honestly my husband and I never noticed them. THe place is so large.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:39 PM

4,899 posts, read 16,624,604 times
what month are you getting married?
i would suggest argentina or ureguay (i have not been to either unfortunately)
but their seasons are opposite, so you would need to go around January-February to be able to go to the beach.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 22,606,209 times
Tennesee.....

Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 PM

70 posts, read 227,240 times
I suggest the Mexican Rivieria. Stay at one of the beachside resorts and take days trips to the Mayan ruins, to the caves where you can zipline, or just sip margaritas on your personal deck. It should ocst you about $800 per person for the flight and hotel and maybe the day trips, too if you can plan it all at once. Right now is hurricane season until November, I think. When are you planning to honeymoon? I think this would be fun, relaxing, and cultural (the Mayan ruins are interesting).
I did the Bahamas only because my Mayan ruin trip got hurricaned away from me. Bahamas was relaxing, but that's all. Nothing else to do, but same price as Mexico. Let me know if you have any questions. Congrats!!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 PM

1,238 posts, read 2,225,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
what month are you getting married?
i would suggest argentina or ureguay (i have not been to either unfortunately)
but their seasons are opposite, so you would need to go around January-February to be able to go to the beach.
I was thinking next summer actually, but I've looked into Argentina. I hear it is a very nice country.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,992,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I'm looking for suggestions to places that would be ideal to go to for a honey moon.

The one thing I am looking for is a place where the US dollar is very strong over said countries dollar, that way my money can go much further.

Also, I would like to go somewhere coastal, whether it be a particular island in the Bahamas, or the shores of a Latin American country (Mexico, South America, etc). Would like personal experiences.
Unfortunately.... that's not gonna happen anytime soon (relatively speaking - the dollar is weaker overall). Thailand is nice though... although I've not been there since the Tsunami.

Sedona, AZ is IMO one of the most beautiful places for a romantic getaway... but its about as non-coastal as you can get (rocks and desert).

Old 07-30-2008, 04:57 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,624,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I was thinking next summer actually, but I've looked into Argentina. I hear it is a very nice country.
i believe their seasons are reversed, so you would be there during their winter...no beach, but i bet it would be nice anyway--you can take flamanco lessons--very romantic!!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 AM

355 posts, read 1,381,417 times
Mauritius! The most accessible island in the Indian ocean (off the coast of Africa). It is a tropical paradise akin to Maui but much more budget friendly.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:24 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,283,853 times
We loved Bermuda, it's not too far but is a quaint island and the people are very friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel