U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:01 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,621,989 times

Advertisements

they are small, they have a strange light that makes everyone look sick, and they smell because of the soap and that ridiculous "perfume" everyone feels they must pritz when they are in there--
the flushing actually feels like something in the room might be vaccuumed in with it.
yep lots of fun.
i have actually successfully gone on a couple of 8 hour flights without having to use one--but sometimes, not so successful and must go in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 AM

6,262 posts, read 17,362,185 times
had to LOL@you Dave. Most women I know, and certainly ME- have to pee a lot and when I have to pee-I have to pee then. I go as often as I need on a plane and I couldn't care less what anyone thought or if they are keeping count. I try to be a respectful as possible if I have to slip past someone, but hey like I said............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Well, to eliminate having to one time be sure to go just before getting on the plane...

Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,256,926 times
I always love when there is turbulance. If so, never go in after a man has gone. At least we get to sit during the bumpy ride.

No problem at all really. Everyone has to go at some point. Just be respectful and you will be okay. I have to crack up about the tips earlier. On one of my flights last week I was in the window seat, youngest daugher in middle, hubby in aisle seat. I HAD TO GO! The people in front of us every single one of them had their seats reclined completely back leaving me no room at all. This plane was configured where the seats went further back than others and it REALLY takes up space from the row behind you. I try not to lean mine back if I REALLY do not need it. I HAD to use their seats even as I was going past my daughter to hold onto as I was completely leaning backwards trying to get by w/ their seats so far back.

Then walking down the aisle if there are a few bumps it is okay to lightly touch the back of a seat to keep your footing. Much better than falling into someones lap and everyone has to sometime if a big bump comes along.

You know what I always think of everytime I need to go on a plane................. how in the world do those people actually have enough room in there to join that special "club". To me, touching half of anything in there grosses me out. But two of ya in there doing THAT! No way!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,543,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I picked the window seat because I am traveling with my cat in a cat carrier under the seat and I don't want to inconvenience people who need to get out and I don't want to cause my cat anymore stress than he will already be going through.
I would worry more about people around you that are alergic to cats versus having to climb over the person next to you so you can go to the bathroom.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,668,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
I would worry more about people around you that are alergic to cats versus having to climb over the person next to you so you can go to the bathroom.
Never had a problem with my cat traveling before and people with allergies. Actually, he was quite the icebreaker. People were very nice to me because of my cat. Not to mention that I have paid almost as much to fly him as it cost to fly myself.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 PM

LOL, the MIle High Club.......yea they are either very agile and more versatile than I or they lie about it cause no way I can see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
know what I always think of everytime I need to go on a plane................. how in the world do those people actually have enough room in there to join that special "club". To me, touching half of anything in there grosses me out. But two of ya in there doing THAT! No way!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:42 PM

Default body found in restroom aboard Delta

wow, speaking of plane restrooms..............a body was found aboard a Delta flight today as it prepared to land in Atlanta. What I wonder is-how did they get the locked door open?? Also-condolences to the family of the lady. Here is a linkelta: Body of woman, 61, found in plane bathroom - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 AM

2,585 posts, read 9,543,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil View Post
I've been flying for many years and it looks to me like plane restrooms seem to get smaller and smaller every year.
Standing is ok, but sitting in one of them is becoming more difficult.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way?
I thought the same thing until I came out of my denial and realized it was just me getting bigger and bigger....

Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM

3,758 posts, read 7,668,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
wow, speaking of plane restrooms..............a body was found aboard a Delta flight today as it prepared to land in Atlanta. What I wonder is-how did they get the locked door open?? Also-condolences to the family of the lady. Here is a linkelta: Body of woman, 61, found in plane bathroom - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Wow. I'm gonna be flying on Delta. I think I will just wear that diaper after all. But, seriously, condolences to the family, also.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:07 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,274,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Lol Thanks for the tips! I might just wear a diaper.
I see you have a great sense of humor!

I like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel