U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:21 PM

3,664 posts, read 6,487,596 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I really dont need a drink, and If I do, I can buy it. I know that it sucks that the airlines are cutting back, but I would rather have a cheap, no frills flight as opposed to a more expensive one with free drinks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 12:08 PM

455 posts, read 1,358,573 times
I say passengers revolt en masse. We know that boycotting all flights isn't really possible due to necessary travel, but here's another way.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE on the flight, needs to simultaneously get flight sickness and 'accidentally' miss the barf bag. Spray the entire passenger compartment. Then 'accidentally' lose control of your bladder and bowel.

Yes, it would be really gross for everyone on the flight, BUT if done on enough flights, it would bring the airline industry to a screeching halt. All affected planes would be declared biohazards and need to go through significant cleaning before they could fly again. So with the resulting costs to the airlines (lost revenue from the plane sitting on the runway, the expense of cleaning the plane) I bet it'd only take this happening on 2 or 3 flights before the airlines would be begging for mercy. And if not, just keep going until there's no clean plane left to fly.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:49 PM

207 posts, read 922,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Honestly, I really dont need a drink, and If I do, I can buy it. I know that it sucks that the airlines are cutting back, but I would rather have a cheap, no frills flight as opposed to a more expensive one with free drinks
Have you noticed that it is not cheap? They're raising prices and giving you less.

Its not the drink...I'm not mad that I don't get a free coke...I'm mad about the principle of it.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 AM

1,872 posts, read 5,788,845 times
For water, instead of buying expensive water bottles at the airport, bring an empty bottle (acceptable through security) and fill it up at the water fountains.

I fly a lot for work and can't really afford to buy bottled water each time each way, so do this all the time.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,576,380 times
I'd be willing to pay a buck for them to let loose a WHOLE bottle of water instead of some dinky cupful that you've gulped down before they even get the stupid cart past your aisle.

that being said, I think it's ridiculous that they don't just give you the bottle of water to begin with. even one of the shorties, like the 8oz poland spring type. at least you can stretch it out for a while, instead of (like I mentioned above) gulping it down before the stupid cart passes your aisle. (then you're thirsty five minutes later)

Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,235,755 times
When you stay at most motels, you only get the room for the price. When you go to the zoo, food and drink aren't included, and the same for the movies - your ticket just gets you in, and doesn't include popcorn or soda. You pay extra for food and drinks pretty much wherever you go these days.

I don't have a problem with bottled water or drinks and food being charged for, so long as it's not $12 for a can of soda or anything stupidly blown up in price.

I think they should charge $1 to get into the bathroom, and have a timer on the door that will automatically open the door after 5 minutes. This will prevent people from camping out in the bathroom, sneaking in a smoke, or having sex (well, most sex, anyway). Everyone has to pee on a flight, so they'll make their money that way, too.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:31 PM

198 posts, read 267,865 times
Is it so very hard to bring your own water and snacks? Whenever the bride and I fly, we take some water, some fruit, and some cut up veggies. Hell...the longest flight in the country is only six hours. How much food and drink do you need?

Has anyone bought a beer in a professional ball park lately, and they don't even have to pay for jet fuel.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:47 PM

198 posts, read 267,865 times
All passengers who have bathed themselves in perfume, cologne, or any other scent, should be refused entrance onto an airplane until they have cleansed themselves to a neutral non-offensiveness.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 PM

107 posts, read 325,122 times
Default Montezuma's revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
When you stay at most motels, you only get the room for the price. When you go to the zoo, food and drink aren't included, and the same for the movies - your ticket just gets you in, and doesn't include popcorn or soda. You pay extra for food and drinks pretty much wherever you go these days.

I don't have a problem with bottled water or drinks and food being charged for, so long as it's not $12 for a can of soda or anything stupidly blown up in price.

I think they should charge $1 to get into the bathroom, and have a timer on the door that will automatically open the door after 5 minutes. This will prevent people from camping out in the bathroom, sneaking in a smoke, or having sex (well, most sex, anyway). Everyone has to pee on a flight, so they'll make their money that way, too.
But the difference is that when you are on a plane, you are trapped in there for hours on end. You can leave the zoo, movie, etc. whenever you want. Plus, there are so many other alternatives for entertainment. If you need to go cross or mid-country, how many viable alternatives do you have?

So if you cannot afford the $1, then you just have to crap your pants? Also, what if you have a case of the runs, or Montezuma's revenge? Then is it tough luck, everyone needs to see you with your pants down?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:12 AM

455 posts, read 1,358,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvopolis View Post
But the difference is that when you are on a plane, you are trapped in there for hours on end. You can leave the zoo, movie, etc. whenever you want. Plus, there are so many other alternatives for entertainment. If you need to go cross or mid-country, how many viable alternatives do you have?

So if you cannot afford the $1, then you just have to crap your pants? Also, what if you have a case of the runs, or Montezuma's revenge? Then is it tough luck, everyone needs to see you with your pants down?
Nah, you just say "fine, since my time in the can is up, i guess the floor of the plane is the only other alternative". That'd fix them real quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or