Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where to go for spring break
Daytona Beach 0 0%
Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Area 3 18.75%
Cancun All Inclusive Resorts 8 50.00%
Cruise To Bahama's 3 18.75%
Canada or Colorado for a Ski Trip 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:43 AM

257 posts, read 1,131,257 times

Advertisements

okay. me and 2 buddies want to go on a spring break trip in march of 09. we will be 21 for the first time and dont know where to go and whats the best. So here goes we have narrowed down options. Now remember i am from Jacksonville, and they are still in Northern Virginia. So the florida options are really cheap for me and bout normal for them we have

Daytona Beach
Ft.Lauderdale/Miami Beach (have an uncle there, no lodging prices)
Cancun all inclusive resorts
Cruise in or around the bahama's
or a ski trip either to colorado or Canada.

or vegas, forgot to add that in the poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 09:06 AM

207 posts, read 1,003,779 times
I voted Cancun. There will be a lot of people your age there and the liquor is SUPER CHEAP. My second choice would be Vegas, but you're going to more money for that...you'll spend more (gambling) and get a lot less in return!

You live in FL, so I eliminated the Miami and Daytona Beach. If you've got a week, then take the time to go somewhere else. But you're right about it being cheaper.

I don't think you'll like the cruises much. I don't want to offend anyone here...but you'll find that cruises are mostly older, retired people or families with kids. Yes, there are some 20-somethings on them, but not a lot like you'll find in Cancun. Food is free on the cruises, but drinks are NOT! And they're expensive!

I love Colorado...never been to Canada. But I'm not a big fan of cold weather. If you are, the keep it as an option! Maybe check flights from both FL and VA to see whats best for all of you guys.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 AM

572 posts, read 2,486,281 times
You left out Lake Havasu on the list. This year its going strong in Havasu.
Check out this site for some pictures. Main

Old 10-07-2009, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,610 times
Try south padre island, texas - superb value, as far south as Miami FL and 50,000 college students. Check Spring Break South Padre, Spring Break 2010, Spring Break Trips :: Inertia Tours for a deal.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:54 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,972,899 times
I went to South Padre for New Year's Eve last year. It is slightly farther south than South beach and it was 80 on New Years day. Water was cold but the you could definately bum on the beach in swim trunks. In March i think it would be even nicer. I hear it gets crazy there for SB and there isnt a lot of room so i could see that.

G Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel