Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2008, 05:33 PM

550 posts, read 2,047,951 times

Advertisements

I am 26 years old ,my sister is 28 and our little brother is 22. A few years back my sister and I backpacked around europe for five weeks...then a few years after that, my brother backpacked around europe with his buddies for some time....we recently realized that the three of us have not traveled just the "three of us" and we are wanting to go on an adventurous trip together....
We will probably be going within 1-2 years and are starting to lean towards South America. My sister has been to Mexico and Bolivia, but my brother and I have not been. We all know a bit of spanish-some more than others and are willing to travel in a "budget" way or if we can save up a bit of money then maybe nicer than budget
Just looking for thoughts and or suggestions from people who have either traveled a lot in South America, or who have traveled with their siblings!
we are kind of thinking about Peru, Argentina, Chile.....or anywhere!
thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 10:09 AM

144 posts, read 459,700 times
I traveled with my brother and sister two years ago for a week in France. I'm 10/11 years younger than my brother and sister respectively, so we went when they were in their mid-late 30s. It can be a fun experience but I do recommend building in time where you can have your own time. That worked for me as I had been to Paris about 5 times prior to that trip, so I had one afternoon free to myself while they did something I had already done and didn't want to do again, and it kept my sanity. I'd also find out who's a snorer and make sure you take the Breathe-Rite strips and/or earplugs. The stories that come out will be fun for all and it really does provide great time together.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosiek View Post
I traveled with my brother and sister two years ago for a week in France. I'm 10/11 years younger than my brother and sister respectively, so we went when they were in their mid-late 30s. It can be a fun experience but I do recommend building in time where you can have your own time. That worked for me as I had been to Paris about 5 times prior to that trip, so I had one afternoon free to myself while they did something I had already done and didn't want to do again, and it kept my sanity. I'd also find out who's a snorer and make sure you take the Breathe-Rite strips and/or earplugs. The stories that come out will be fun for all and it really does provide great time together.
Thanks for the advice!!! when i traveled with my sister we only got into one argument but after being with her for 24hrs a day for 35 days i was soooo done with her for awhile so i can totally see what you are saying! some alone time is definitely something we all need to plan for
I am sooo looking forward to the stories and the good times!
thank you

Old 08-16-2008, 02:49 AM

21,368 posts, read 37,983,326 times
I did a road trip with my sister down to Washington one summer and I swore that I'd never do it again. My uncle tagged along, too. His car broke down when we got down there and he wound up being my passenger. I'd never travel with an uncle for that matter again after that. When my sister moved back up to Alaska, she asked nicely and I relented and flew down and drove back up with her. Everything worked out on coming home and it was not a problem. I think that brought us closer together because we never used to talk to each others that much in the first place. I don't think I'd travel with any other of my siblings.

I backpacked Europe for three weeks with a group from the college here. Make sure none of your siblings drink that much, alcohol does wonders to people and it brings out liquid courage!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:16 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,839,280 times
Come to Egypt. I live there. You can visit many historical places of ancient Egypt .We have a great civilization and huge history .For example the pyramids, loxer and aswan ( full of temples for Kings and Queens) , the Egyptain museum.You can visit me as well. You are welcome.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Come to Egypt. I live there. You can visit many historical places of ancient Egypt .We have a great civilization and huge history .For example the pyramids, loxer and aswan ( full of temples for Kings and Queens) , the Egyptain museum.You can visit me as well. You are welcome.

totally not fair, my sister has been to egypt so we are trying to go someplace that none of us have been to. I definitely will have to visit egypt one of these days!!!

warptman- i know i get along quite well with both of my siblings....both of them irritate me sometimes but that is nothing....and none of us are huge partiers....we will drink but not get wasted!...but thank you for your advice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel