Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times

Advertisements

Man, I missed the Caddy Ranch. Bummer. I think I saw it in Life Mag twenty years ago.

Regarding the BIG TEXAN, One thought would be to split the steak 3 ways and not hurt yourselves too much.

The individual entrees are not that great and would cost you about the same. The steak was 50 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 09:01 PM

11 posts, read 44,458 times
Wowee! Thanks everyone! We leave on Sunday and this info will absolutely make our trip just that much better!

I'll come back and post some pics when I return.

Thanks again so much all!

-Landon

Old 08-28-2008, 08:30 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landon1850 View Post
Wowee! Thanks everyone! We leave on Sunday and this info will absolutely make our trip just that much better!

I'll come back and post some pics when I return.

Thanks again so much all!

-Landon
I'm curious to know how the trip is going so far. Are you getting the chance to check-in on this road trip? Or are you going to leave us hanging till you get back

Doubt we were on the same stretch of road at the same time but I had to head down past Waco yesterday. Stopped in West for some kolaches

And I can't believe I TOTALLY forgot this so if you do check in you will know NOT to miss this. On Labor Day Weekend the town of West, TX has their annual WestFest. Check it out at Westfest
This town has a heavy Czech influence and they bring out all of the stops for WestFest.

Hope your having a safe and great trip.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 44,458 times
Smile Here are the pics!

Road trip went well - got my buddy to Waco in 3 days. We had to change our route a bit. Because Royal Groge would have been closed by the time we got there, we went to Garden of the Gods instead. Also, no Big Texan as we went through Amarillo too early in the day for 5lbs of meat.

Here are the pics!

Looking North West over Kittitas on I-82 outside of Ellensburg, WA

Viewpoint looking North from I-84 South of Pendleton, OR

Shoshone Falls near Twin Falls, ID

Salt Lake City, UT from Ensign Peak which I hiked up at midnight.

Cliffs getting into the Rockies near UT-CO border

Big Horn sheep on side of Highway 6 near Eagle, CO

One of many beautiful rocks at Garden of the Gods - Manitou Springs, CO

A different color of rock

Me!

Capulin Volcano between Raton and Clayton, NM

Me in the crater of the Volcano

Dead tree at 7896ft over looking NM, OK, and TX

Courthouse in Denton, TX - pretty cool town.

That's it! I left on a plane back to Seattle at 6am the next morning. It was great and thanks everyone for all the help!

-Landon

Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,532,525 times
Thanks, landon! AWESOME photos! Glad we could help and it sure looks like your trip was a success!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:27 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Wow, looking at all those pictures makes me want to take yet another road trip. I love seeing places like those shown (and I've seen a few of those). I always enjoy seeing new places, but some of those places I would love to see again, too.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Quote:
We hit I-40 outside of Amarillo, TX then take US-287 toward Dallas. I've been told the drive from Raton, NM to Dallas-Ft. Worth will be the most boring part of our drive

- prove them wrong!
Okay, here's yer options...
Keep a level on the dash, see if it dips off center
Count corn fields
Count oil rigs
Count wind mills - the Boone Pickens kind
Catch up on your sleep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel