U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,966,925 times

Advertisements

I thnik it depends on yopu really. i always enjoyed traveling with a freind better tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 11:35 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,175,236 times
Do it. Life is too short to wait around for people to travel with and the world is a big place. I went to a Club Med in Mexico alone in my 20's and over 20 years and many trips later, I consider it to be one of the best trips of my life. I met other single women at the gate at the airport that we going to the same Club Med. One of them was my room mate (double occupancy is encouraged). I made a friend with another girl from a different city and within the year, we visited each other. Since that trip, we've both gotten married years ago but we still email. Some of the guests at the resort were there to "get lucky" but most were fun spirited people. We went on excursions and hung out at the beach all day and met up for dinner and drinks at night. It was awesome and I encourage you to try something like it.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:59 PM

77 posts, read 259,783 times
My best friend did an all inclusive last year to peurto vallarta and loved it. She did the zip line tour and met a lot of really nice people.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 PM

11,991 posts, read 17,505,216 times
If you are an ultra-outgoing, gregarious person, sure. If not, then no. Don't get me wrong. Travelling solo has its advantages. But going to a resort without a copilot makes me shudder. Pick a cool city somewhere and go exploring.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:47 PM

2,501 posts, read 6,894,058 times
Travelling alone sure wouldn't be for me and I'm very sociable and outgoing. Being divorced, I wait until friends or a relative can go with me....I like to talk to others during meals and share what I'm seeing and experiencing with others. That's just me...a "people person". If you're normally a loner, then I guess travelling alone would be fine and fun.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 PM

515 posts, read 1,174,320 times
I would go alone to a resort if it were in a city I knew well. Say Puerto Vallarta, I'd have no problems hopping a plane and landing in Paradise Village!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 AM

25,671 posts, read 24,310,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmzero View Post
GO FOR IT!! There's nothing quite like taking a break from everything and everybody to refresh your mental batteries. The opportunity to go places and do things, or do absolutely nothing, without answering to anyone or considering someone else's feelings can be a liberating experience.

I've been deep sea fishing down in Los Cabos and The Keys, toured the Mayan ruins around Cancun, and been skiing in the Alps on my own. It's kind of like seeing the Grand Canyon, the view is the same whether you're by yourself or on a bus with fifty people. Enjoy the solitude.
I agree, go for it! Myself, I prefer vacationing by myself. No one to have to wait for, or one might want to go see one attraction while you would rather see another, you can get up or go to sleep as early or late as you want without bugging someone else (or being bugged, arrrgh!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel