U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,577,663 times

Advertisements

Anyone a member of the Disney Vacation Club?

Anyone done any research on it?

Good/Bad?

What are your thoughts? I am considering it, have researched it a bit, but would love to hear from owners, or people that looked into it but didn't buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 01:05 AM

29 posts, read 94,726 times
We viewed DVC in December '91 and bought into it in January '92. No regrets at all---other than it is a long distance away and we wish we could just drive a few hours rather than spend all day flying.

If you decide to join DVC, be sure to buy where you prefer to stay. Don't buy at one resort and hope to find availability at another. In the past 16 years, it has become more important to have that 11 month home resort booking window.

Disney sells their inventory, but there are many DVCs on the secondary market thru resales. Look into the MouseOwners website, you will find tons of info there.
~ardsley

Old 11-03-2008, 02:00 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,284,432 times
We have been members about ten or so years. We have really enjoyed it. I do think the maintenance costs are high but the quality is always great. My parents bought into it and it is in my mom's name and mine. Since my mom passed away four years ago my dad has still been using it. He has been to Hilton Head, Vero Beach and Orlando with his points. He's so tight that he goes in on Sunday and comes out on Friday and stays at a Comfort Inn for two days and then goes back in. He has 330 points which works out well since he gets a studio.
We have a regular time share, off of which we bought on a secondary market. That's the way to go on all of these.
Disney's do have a time limit so you have to check that out. Our's was 40 years when we bought it.
At Orlando dad stays at Old Key West since the rooms are bigger since it is older and there is a great walking path that you can walk to Downtown Disney from there.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:06 PM

180 posts, read 628,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Anyone a member of the Disney Vacation Club?

Anyone done any research on it?

Good/Bad?

What are your thoughts? I am considering it, have researched it a bit, but would love to hear from owners, or people that looked into it but didn't buy.
If you check out disboards.com you can find a lot of info from DVC members.

iuki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel