U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 4,978 times

Advertisements

I find a blog :[url]http://www.tokyo-hot-av.com/[/url]
I thing that will be a nice trip in tokyo,I have never be in Japan.
Hey guys,have you ever stay in tokyo?

Last edited by billbank; 09-01-2008 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: none
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,515,780 times
Hi. I was a New Yorker (Manhattan) and moved to Tokyo, where I worked for many years. So of course I did a lot of sightseeing around Tokyo and around Japan. I found it exciting, very different from the U.S., thrilling in many ways, surprising, and an experience that enhanced and expanded me. Thanks to the Japanese, I became more (and better ) than I had been before I went there.

If you have at least a full week to spend in Tokyo (not including traveling) and can add an extra day at the beginning and another day at the end of your trip -- you can help your body and mind to recover, at least a little bit, from the huge jet lag you will feel.

One thing you MUST do in Tokyo is eat in normal, simple-looking restaurants. You don't have to speak Japanese -- every restaurant has a "display" with realistic-looking dishes of plastic food to show what a dish would look like. You can just point to one of those models, and nod your head and smile, and the restaurant people will understand that you want to order that meal. Or in a sushi restaurant, or teriyaki restaurant, you can just point to the food they are preparing, and nod your head and smile, to order something. They understand. Food in real restaurants costs much, much less than in hotel restaurants and is much more interesting and fun.

Going to Tokyo can be a wonderful experience of a lifetime!
This link is for tripadvisor.com. That's where real travelers from all over the world report their real experiences everywhere. It will open at Things To Do in Tokyo. Just scroll down a little bit to see the entire collection.
Things to Do in Tokyo - Tokyo Attractions - TripAdvisor

You can find a lot of information by Googling Tokyo sightseeing. I wish you a lot of fun planning, and I wish you mind-opening travel!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:51 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,499,499 times
Hi!
I was in Tokyo 1 month ago.
I have had a great trip in Japan. I have visited a lot of places and Tokyo is very great.

I love USA but Japan is very nice! I recommend to visit it!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:15 PM

2,177 posts, read 2,916,925 times
You will love Japan when you visit. The people are so sweet and helpful. Getting around Tokyo is not terribly difficult. We rode the trains and the local bus system with absolutely no problems.
I cant say enough good things about the food there. The sushi is beyond compare. Even the most modest restaurants were wonderful. Not only was the food delicious, we felt energized by the high protein diet. We actually LOST weight there LOL.

I cant wait to go back to Japan. If possible, do try to take the bullet train down to Kyoto. Its a simply stunning city. Also, if possible do go to Hiroshima, it will be one of the most moving experiences you could ever have.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
rfb

1,889 posts, read 5,182,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
One thing you MUST do in Tokyo is eat in normal, simple-looking restaurants. You don't have to speak Japanese -- every restaurant has a "display" with realistic-looking dishes of plastic food to show what a dish would look like. You can just point to one of those models, and nod your head and smile, and the restaurant people will understand that you want to order that meal.
I love those meal models in Japan. It makes it so easy to order. You never know exactly what you are getting - and with the Japanese, less knowledge on the food content can be a good thing - but I always had very tasty meals throughout the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or