U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 377 times

Advertisements

I have an Indian passport , I have 21 hour layover @CDG airport can I get a transit visa on arrival @ CDG Airport. If not can I stay @ airport for 21 hours or can I get a hotel @ airport even if I don't have a visa. Please let me know ASAP
Thanks

Last edited by Pratima ghadiali; 04-01-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 08:31 PM

7,683 posts, read 16,109,576 times
What's your final destination, and what other visas do you have in you passport? The answer is going to be that you likely need an airport transit visa regardless and a general transit visa if you want to leave the airport. The IATA has a consumer portal for the Timatic immigration documents database here:

IATA - Personalised Passport, Visa & Health travel documentation advice

Just keep plugging in detail of your route and passport nationality, and it should give you a documents list in the end. Note that France does NOT offer airport transit/transit visa on arrival unless there are extreme emergency circumstances and if you don't have a needed visa at flight departure time, you will not be allowed to board the plane. (The airline pays a fine for every passenger refused entry into a country so they WILL check for this.)

Old 04-01-2016, 08:47 PM

3,431 posts, read 3,049,264 times
This website is chock full of layover info for major airports:
https://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/amsterdam.htm

I'd opt for some time at a spa.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:45 AM

671 posts, read 731,359 times
I have had a number of long layovers during my travels and often left airports.
In particular, I had a 8-hour layover in Amsterdam last year and managed not only to walk in the city, but also to visit Rotterdam and walk a couple of hours there.
And when I had a 10-hour layover in Vienna, I went to Bratislava (which is in Slovakia, another country) and walked a couple of hours there.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:21 PM

1,166 posts, read 553,638 times
I have done this before in Amsterdam, it will not be a problem. Seven hours is way more time than you need too. However, you are likely to be subjected to more scrutiny when you return to the airport and check in for your next flight, that is the nature of the beast nowadays. Especially in Amsterdam, depending on age and appearance they will suspect that you went shopping for a few extra carryons of the contraband variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or