U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
Old 09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
4,270 posts, read 13,968,377 times
Reputation: 3352


Originally Posted by lperchikov View Post
I have a question. Would you please help me to take a right decision
I won a green card and I came from Israel , right now I am a permanent resident.
My mother lives at Ukraine , I would like to visit my mom and my grandma in Russian
My questions are:
1). Do I need to have my travel passport, or can use my Israel passport?
2). Will I have problem to came back in US(from three week trip) with out travel passport if I will have green card and Israel passport
Now I have an Israel citizenship. In Ukraine Embassy I opened Visa to visit Ukraine , but I do not need Russian Visa because I will use my Israel passport
Thank you, Elena
First of all, please do not take any advice here as 100% accurate. Double check on a government web site for an absolute detailed answer.

From my experience, if you are a permanent resident of the USA, you should have no problem exiting/entering the USA. American passport is for American citizens only. I believe the travel documents you will need is your Greencard and Israeli passport. Again, double check on a goverment website to make sure. Try to google "travel documents for permanent residents" or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 PM
4,270 posts, read 13,968,377 times
Reputation: 3352
Passports show "proof of citizenship" of the country the passport is from.

For non-U.S. citizens, Green Cards prove that you are legally allowed to live in the United States. Hence, you are a "permanent resident".

Interestingly enough, a Green Card isn't even "green"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 11:26 AM
1 posts, read 671 times
Reputation: 10
i,m due to fly to scotland england,i live in swindon wiltshire england,do i need a passport to fly to scotland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top