Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 07:54 AM

157 posts, read 788,501 times

Advertisements

Looking for some information about Air travel with a baby. I have a 5 month old, and will be taking her to Jamaica on Wednesday. What do I need to know? What should I be aware of? Will TSA allow us to take bottled water (for her formula) through security? Any other helpful tips? TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 AM

306 posts, read 1,159,583 times
5 months is a perfect age to travel with a baby. They will give you a baby seat belt to put around baby and put through your seat belt as baby sits on your lap. I found bringing my nursing pillow made air travel so much more comfortable for both of us. Yes, they will let you bring water, you just need to sip it at security. Just be upfront and tell them you have water for bottles. Bring extra bottles, nappies...er diapers, clothes, a change of top for you. If your flight is delayed you will need extra stuff that they wont have on the plane. Try and feed on the landing as their little ears hurt with the air pressure. Oh, bring a baby blanket as planes tend to be cold.

We flew from the UK to Spain when DS was 7 months and to the states when he was 14 months. Both where fairly easy. 7 months was easy. We traveled 24 hrs when he was 14 months. DS slept for a long time that day. He was knackered and worn out.

Have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel