Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM

926 posts, read 2,740,354 times

Advertisements

Describe your favorite vacation of all time.
I have two. When I was little my family would get together at my uncles estate in St Joe, MI. It was an 8 bedroom "farmhouse" and we'd go horseback riding, apple and peach picking and star gazing on the roof. I remember there was a chicken called Rambo that used to terrorize us because he'd chase us all around the farm lol. I milked my first cow when I was 10 years old too- pretty neat
The 2nd one was when I took a cruise to Mexico, one of the excursions I went on was to see some Mexican ruins and ATV'ing in the jungle! We came out completely muddy and covered in HUGE bug bites but it was soooo worth it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:46 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,253,342 times
The cruise to Bermuda. This was our first cruise, and it was very relaxing. I liked that Bermuda was so easy to get around because of the transportation system. Food was expensive on the island, so having meals on the ship was great. We have become very friendly with a couple who we met at our table in the dining room. We didn't spend a lot of money sightseeing or buying souvenirs, but it provided many nice memories.

SXM is always a great vacation, but one we do quite often. I may never take another Bermuda cruise, so that was very special.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 PM

926 posts, read 2,740,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
The cruise to Bermuda. This was our first cruise, and it was very relaxing. I liked that Bermuda was so easy to get around because of the transportation system. Food was expensive on the island, so having meals on the ship was great. We have become very friendly with a couple who we met at our table in the dining room. We didn't spend a lot of money sightseeing or buying souvenirs, but it provided many nice memories.

SXM is always a great vacation, but one we do quite often. I may never take another Bermuda cruise, so that was very special.
It sounds wonderful! What is SXM?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,253,342 times
[quote=babigyrl5;5900068]It sounds wonderful! What is SXM?[/QUOTE

Sint Maarten/Saint Martin (Dutch and French, Netherlands Antilles)

Old 10-28-2008, 09:47 PM

625 posts, read 1,581,193 times
What's a vacation

Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 PM

543 posts, read 2,301,656 times
Outer Banks of North Carolina. It was a family trip, about 60 of us, we rented 3 large houses for a week. The kids loved the beach, never ran out of fun things to do. The houses sleep from 12 to about 20 people. All these years later the kids still talk about that vacation with all their cousins and aunts and uncles.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 AM

6 posts, read 20,335 times
hmmmmmm... my most unforgettable vacation was when I was in Barcelona. The place is very great! I stayed in a Barcelona Hotel which is very comfortable. You will certainly feel that you're well served. The most enjoyable thing i did was taking a horseback riding. I never know how to ride a horse and I only experienced it in Barcelona. I even enjoy learning it. After a 3 days of learning, I got to make it all by myself. I and may friends went on hill sides by riding a horse. I really hope I could do it again. How about you? have you gone horseback riding?

Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 AM

6 posts, read 20,335 times
hmmmmmm... my most unforgettable vacation was when I was in Barcelona. The place is very great! I stayed in a Barcelona Hotel which is very comfortable. You will certainly feel that you're well served. The most enjoyable thing i did was taking a horseback riding. I never know how to ride a horse and I only experienced it in Barcelona. I even enjoy learning it. After a 3 days of learning, I got to make it all by myself. I and may friends went on hill sides by riding a horse. I really hope I could do it again. How about you? have you gone horseback riding?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,831,169 times
Believe me or not, at 15 I crossed the USA coast-to-coast (in a pooled car with older guys I hardly knew) with 5$ in my pocket...it was awesome, even risky at times, and it's the only time in my life I got real HUNGRY (sweared it would NEVER happen to me again).
It's the most adventurous thing I ever did- I also stayed back then in communes in NYC and SF- then my mom and I hiked down to Baja ! and for me those traveling experiences as a teen remains unforgettable!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:53 AM

321 posts, read 1,025,866 times
Flew into Seattle & rented a Subaru (now own a Subaru, loved it so much). Spent a few nights in Seattle... eating, drinking, seeing some live jazz, hanging out at Pike Place. Then drove out to Yakima and down to the Columbia River. Followed the river to the Columbia Gorge Hotel. Stayed there a few nights, checking out Hood River, going to various wineries, hiking, sitting by the river, eating, and drinking. Then drove to Portland, spent a couple of nights eating, drinking, and mooching about there. Home after that.

All of this occuring with barely a drop of rain during a not-to-chilly October. It was fantastic. I've been back out to the PacNW since then and cannot wait to go again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel