Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:11 PM

411 posts, read 1,285,846 times

Advertisements

That's a cool board, used to be on the UOG, then the DIBB boards and now WSecrets board. About 60% Brits I think but they are cool people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 04:05 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,661,666 times
Rock-N-Rollercoaster, and the Tower of Terror are great.

I wouldn't bother with the test track. I drive faster than that in real life.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 846,917 times
For other websites to look at...Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World and PassPorter.com: Travel Guidebooks, Travel Advice and Information, and Disney Guides -- Home of PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter Disney Cruise Line, and PassPorter Disneyland

Definitely do Soarin (EPCOT), Expedition Everest (AK), Pirates and Haunted Mansion (MK), Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror (HS).

If you can, try to do all the rides. Even the ones such as Peter Pan, it may seem kiddie but it's still fun. Use fastpasses if at all possible or even do single rider lines if you don't mind not sitting with your family.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 PM

718 posts, read 2,354,066 times
Don't overlook some of the "kiddie" rides. My first trip to DW wasn't until my late 20s. My trip wasn't complete until I rode Dumbo with my husband taking my picture from in front of me. The place makes everyone feel like a kid. (Oh no, I feel the need for a trip coming on.)

Check this website out too:

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin

It is another forum, but there is a ton of information about EVERYTHING on there.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:44 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,641,265 times
I agree about test track but her kids sounds like at that age they might like that.
They also have that new program where you can get a ticket to come back later and get in faster. I think it's called "Fast Pass." We ran and got those for the big rides so we knew we could get those in. If your kids are old enough you can get in some of the lines as a 'single' and get in faster.
I love EPCOT the best but with families the Magic Kingdom and the Animal Park is really fun. I love the countries and love the movie at Canada.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,755,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
GREAT! How is our favorite Italian?

No, I have not looked at the Disney World site. DUH! Why did I not think of that . I have the book, "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" and have been studying it till I'm tired of it already. Not exactly the kind of vacation we typically take. So much for rest and relaxation on this one. I plan on reading it more and highlighting the important bits of info over the next week while I'm recuperating from surgery tomorrow. Doctor said it would be okay to go so hopefully a speedy recovery.

I will have to look up the WDW site now.

We plan on going to Disney World, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM. We get there on a Sunday around early lunch and leave late afternoon on Friday. I've still got to get tickets but am still researching the best deal on those and how many days to get 4 days vs 5 days (which it is only a few dollars more for the additional day and if we get there early enough on Sunday we could do a something small or get our feet wet). I've read that if you do Disney World first the others are a let down????? We want to get as much out of this trip as possible as it is not on the books to go back anytime within in the next several years. Besides, these kinds of trips are not our "thing". We have the chance to go and so we are going to say we have done it.
Thanks!

momo, don't forget the shows!!!! I love the shows, they're fantastic!
When I was in DW, I have seen MGM and Epcot.
I have seen more times, Magic Kingdom in California, in Paris and in Tokyo.
In Orlando, I saw a different parks: MGM and Epcot.

I have left Animal Kingdom but It's a manner to go back next time!
next Time, I would like to see this park and I will do a Disney Cruise!

Moreover, I remember to have ordered by an American friend, the DW dvd! Have you had this dvd?

Momo, I hope to feel you soon! Good luck for your surgey. An huge hug for you

Old 11-05-2008, 07:44 PM

502 posts, read 1,729,740 times
Have you thought about the other parks in the orlando area? Universal studios/Islands of Adventure? Seaworld/Auquatica? You can get a 7 day pass to universal for roughly $85.

I much prefer these parks. The attractions are the same quality with much smaller lines. Your kids are the right age and would enjoy the parks. The universal website is very good with video clips of each ride.

Disney - far too many strollers for me. Epcot is good, but mission space is way overrated. I did enjoy walking around the world and we sampled food and got pictures of us (me) with people (women) from each country.

Animal kingdom is my favorite disney park, but the river raft is pathetic compared to Islands of adventure Bilge Rats. The shows are very good.

Magic kingdom is the least favorite with mostly kiddy rides and MANY younger visitors.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:11 AM

403 posts, read 1,320,881 times
I've never been bowled over by MGM, we usually head over there for a half day to catch a few of the movies, such as the Walt Disney film. The Rock 'N Roller Coaster is a lot of fun though!

I'd definitely go to the Animal Kingdom. It can get VERY crowded there since the walking areas are pretty narrow, but I love wandering around that park. Expedition Everest was really cool, as well as the safari ride. I honestly can't remember the other rides!

Epcot is definitely my favorite park. As for rides, I like Test Track, Soarin and Living with the Land (not an adventure ride, but still really neat). I've eaten at several of the restaurants there and would recommend the Italian, Canadian and Moroccan restaurants. The Chinese restaurant was nothing special in my opinion. The Mexican and Japanese pavilions are great for lunch. For some reason the Japanese dinner restaurants haven't been open the last two times we've been down there, so I can't comment on those! Definitely make sure you hang out for the Illuminations show, it's incredible! I believe that's held everynight at about the time the park closes.

In Magic Kingdom I love Space Mountain. Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain are great rides as well.

I'd recommend looking into the dining plan if you haven't already. We bought that the last time we were there and it was great! I think we paid $40 a day and got a snack, quick meal (like lunch) and a sit down meal. If you go to one of the real expensive restaurants then it will cost you two sit down meals. Anyway, we were very happy with it and would purchase that again.

Best of luck and have a great trip!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,695,785 times
WOW! You guys are really helping a TON!!!

Question: We get to Orlando about 12:30 on Sunday. Check-in of course is not till 4pm. We will have a rental car. Do you think going to a park that afternoon would be possible? If so, which one? Knowing my husband as well as I do we will need to find food first after we get out of the airport. Where would you stop to eat something decent if your on the way to one of the parks?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,132,317 times
I say go for it. The parks stay open pretty late and if you're staying on Disney property one of the parks will have extra magic hours.

There is a Hwy that runs along the southern edge of Disney (I believe its 192?) that has all kinds of restaurants. Otherwise Downtown Disney has all kinds of restaurants too, but most are sit down places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel