Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever flown first class?
No, I've never been on an airplane 4 2.45%
No, always coach (economy class) for me 50 30.67%
No, but I've flown business before 9 5.52%
Yes, but only because I was bumped up from coach 38 23.31%
Yes, but only with frequent flier miles 7 4.29%
Yes, but somebody else was paying (business, gov't, inst., rich friends, etc.) 20 12.27%
Yes, multiple times but somebody else was always paying or I had FF miles 20 12.27%
Yes, domestic, and I've paid full price 11 6.75%
Yes, transoceanic, and I've paid full price 4 2.45%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 AM

8 posts, read 20,176 times

Advertisements

I used to work for TWA & AA and flew first class all the time if it was avail. My daughter even when a baby flew with me on TWA ... AA had age restrictions for employees - but she was well behaved (I don't allow anything but at home or in public) now i have so many miles from travel for work that I mos def upgrade whenever i can unles the flight is under 2 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM

595 posts, read 2,308,334 times
The Delta Flight Attendant was missing one of her front upper teeth. I had to sit by some airport refugee, who had been stranded for a day and a half. Glad it was free.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Yes, years ago I flew 1st class x-country.

It was fantastic. Lots of good food and champagne!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
My uptight, snobby, elitist, spoiled, pampered, arrogant, pompous, and freak boss flies first class all the time- even if it's only a 45 minute flight. He makes me sick. He's now looking into car service so he doesn't have to drive himself back and forth to the office anymore ...

I'll never forget telling him once I was going to do some volunteer work at the homeless shelter over Thanksgiving and he gave me a dirty look- "Why on earth would you want to be anywhere near "Those" people". So mean ... As a bleeding liberal, I am no where near on the same page on my boss's views, thoughts and opinions- He's a horrible, unfit, super wealthy man who is nothing but a check-signer to me.
Oh, that's horrible!

Is he married?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:07 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Yes, I have flown first class more times than I could count. I use to work for Delta Airlines and employees fly free.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:13 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Having worked in the First Class cabin of more flights than I can count, I can tell you that almost everyone who flys in that cabin enjoys it to the max. I love working up there because I can give my almost undivided attention to a handful of people. I seldom have time to sit down during the flight. I am constantly monitoring the cabin to see if I can provide more drinks, snacks,etc. I love my First Class service and I hope it shows.

As for upgrading someone because they have a pet with them...I have never seen that happen. First Class is almost always full these days..and few if any of those passengers are paying for it. Mostly it is upgrades with frequent flyer miles or frequent flyer status. If anything, I would move a frequent flyer sitting near a pet up there...or better yet, a service man in uniform! I do that whenever possible. They deserve the pampering.

Also, as to a family up there with kids...there is very little the flight crew can do to make kids behave (no matter what cabin they are in!) Parents who neglect/ignore their brats will certainly not listen to those of us who try to quiet them down. More often than not, these folks simply do not want to hear us say anything negative about their precious little Tristans or Olivias (or whatever their names may be). Sadly, we are not the air police and cannot make kids (or their parents) behave.

Whenever possible, I fly in First if I am flying space available. Its such a nice way to go.
I really enjoyed this post. Im still laughing about the precious little Tristans and Olivias.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I really enjoyed this post. Im still laughing about the precious little Tristans and Olivias.
Ahhhh but it is so true! I actually told a lady during a layover to give her kids some benydril so they would sleep on the next flight! She did just that and that was the quietest 1 1/2 hour flight after the 4 hours of hell. Why people book early morning flights with small children is beyond me. They should be letting them get plenty of rest and bring plenty of things for them to do on a long flight.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 AM

109 posts, read 330,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I've been on about 12 flights and have never went first class before. Paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars more to improve what is only a 2-10 hour experience probably isn't worth it on an decent salary, and certainly not the student budget I currently live on. However, from what I understand, few people pay full price for first class tickets - most seem to use their frequent flier miles or fly for business / government purposes and not have to pay at all.

So my question...have you ever flown first class? Was it worth it? Where from / to? What's the most you've ever paid?
Yes, I have flown first class from Houston, TX to Puerto Rico which is a 5 hr flight. The truth is, it was wonderful but after that when you fly coach you feel miserable!!

Old 01-24-2009, 01:09 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times
Once on Singapore Airlines, easily the best flight I've ever had. Riding First Class on SQ is like having your own mini hotel room right there on the plane (complete with the bed). Makes an 18 hour flight breeze by....

Old 01-25-2009, 12:08 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Wife went to China and had awful food. So when we booked our Frankfurt to St. Petersburg, Russia trip, we booked Business Class, thinking the food in Russia would be awful and we'd be so glad to have good food again on the return trip. Well, our food in Russia was WONDERFUL! but we still enjoyed the amenities in Busines Class. (Prior to that, "First Class" on a USAF cargo plane means sleeping on top of your ground support & other deployment equipment once the aircraft is up to cruising altitude...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel