Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times

Advertisements

The Galapagos Islands are a must see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,332,638 times
If we are talking economy and must see places, I would have to stick with the US. Personally, the Grand Canyon and surrounding area, including Sedona. We were just there a month ago (and it was 24 year olds first visit) - she said Sedona was the most beautiful place she had ever been. East Coast mountains just do not compare with the Southwest.

Typically the beach is my fav place to be (well tropical beach), and we also love the Florida Keys.

Road trips are our favorite type of trip in the last 10 years. In one calendar year, we drove from Maine to Ft Lauderdale twice. Stopping at all the cool places that we usually just fly over. I wanted to see the Daytona racetrack, but refused to pay the fee to drive around the track. We just walked out and sat in the bleachers for free. They acted like you had to pay to get out there, but we just walked out with a few other people and were happy as clams.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:14 AM

96 posts, read 323,484 times
Default Fun for free

That's a great post, Stacy. I know what you mean by great stuff for free. Sometimes the best places we see, we just stumble upon. It is really a great pleasure. Marie

Old 07-23-2009, 11:03 PM

89 posts, read 201,792 times
I second Rick's recommendation of Cinque Terre! Try to go in October or in the spring to miss the tourist season.

I must add Slovenia! LOVE it! It is very Europe without the crowds and cost. My favorite place so far is Bled. Try the Kremna Rezina, their regional dessert. Staying at a tourist farm was so fun! Home made breakfast every day! Their tourism site is really user friendly, check it out.

Slovenia

If you like scuba diving, no place beats Palau, though I wouldn't say it is inexpensive....

Old 07-26-2009, 12:56 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Colombia. Colombia has quietly become a relatively safe place to visit. It is very cheap, and very beautiful, and the people are genuinely welcoming and friendly. There are still a few dangerous places to avoid, and don't go wandering around the streets after dark.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:08 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Within the United States, I think there are a few cities which are so unique that you really haven't seen America until you've been to them:

1. New York City.

2. Santa Fe, NM.

3. San Francisco

4. Williamsburg, VA

5. New Orleans.

6. Washington, DC

Old 07-27-2009, 12:18 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
I'd really like to get to Williamsburg.
Some day, I will, even if it means I have to go there by myself.
I also agree with all your other recommendations, stillkit.
And sometimes different places appeal more at different stages of a person's life, but I don't think I'll *ever* get tired of San Francisco.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 AM

5 posts, read 6,667 times
Personally, of all the places I have been, I would recommend cherry picking in Montana. The mountains are beautiful,we saw moose walking in the creeks and bear by the road. No zoos. I loved picking cherries off the trees and raspberries from the bushes. it was the most awesome thing. Also you cannot leave without eating Huckleberry ice cream, it is to die for. You have to visit The Montana Vortex it is a genuine quantum, or gravitational anomaly that may re-define the laws of physics and nature. NO JOKE.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,547,503 times
I'm not a world traveler so of the places in the US I have loved, it would be Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Next big trip will be to see the Pacific Ocean. Possibly the Monterey area and the Napa Valley.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:52 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Stateside: Las Vegas

International: Curacao

We went to Curacao on a cruise one year and it was the most amazing place I had ever seen in my life. I'd LOVE to go back someday.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel