U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:02 PM

25,034 posts, read 23,933,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think they should plexiglass in the last 6 rows of the plane. On one side they could have the smokers, the other half would be kids/families.
That's it! Let smokers smoke, let kids scream and after reading some of the other complaints there should be a fat section as well as the BO, halitosis area and "I just won't shut up" lounge. You've hit the nail on the head and I think that you deserve a very large bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 10:00 PM

515 posts, read 1,174,200 times
Theme statement: I hate your kids!

Haha =p

Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 21 days ago)

8,695 posts, read 10,847,720 times
I once flew and the attendant put a man next to me who was drunk as a skunk (our seats were near the bathroom). Not only that, but he reeked of the smell of vomit.
It was towards the end of the flight. I would never let that happen again. Either she moves him or he can sit next to her. The guy was 60 something--no teenager. But, someone who didn't know when to stop drinking.
I'd take the screaming baby; at least they are cute and cuddly! Well, most times...

Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM

515 posts, read 1,174,200 times
A little tiny baby that sleeps most of the flight doesn't bother me.

but I strongly dislike toddlers. They are noisy and playful and do not know boundarys. I applaud parents that try to keep them occupied and quiet on the plane, but there are so many lazy parents that it ruins it for the well-behaved ones.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,467,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
A little tiny baby that sleeps most of the flight doesn't bother me.

but I strongly dislike toddlers. They are noisy and playful and do not know boundarys. I applaud parents that try to keep them occupied and quiet on the plane, but there are so many lazy parents that it ruins it for the well-behaved ones.
The problem is not the children, its the iresponsible parents. My children flew but I never allowed them to run thru the Aisles, kick seats, and scream. Some parents don't care, they just sit there and don't say a word to the child. I was on a plane where this 10 year old has kicking my seat. I was getting sick from this. I spoke to my daughter load that this parent would hear, but they felt their kids could do as they wished.
As far as Smokers, Don't they realize they were endangering others health when smoking was allowed. Besides the stinch is awful.
Drunks, should not be allowed to fly as they could do something that can endanger others, and I thought this was the law.

Diane G

Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,895,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
I like this idea. The airline has the right to do as they please in the free market and if they believe that this will make the experience better for others, so be it! I wouldn't like to be around annoying kids and if an airline wanted to do, it could be a good move.

I think the ideas mimimomx3 would work, however they could be sued for those things.

I think it's a great idea....yes in the back of the plane...kiddies & parents get on first and stow all their stuff..get off last so they have plenty of time to retrieve their stuff with out holding up the other passengers...it should be an area where the kids can walk around a bit...play with toys....seating should be totally reconfigured for that part of the plane...the biggest reason they become so cranky is being confined for an extended perod of time

Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
The problem is not the children, its the iresponsible parents. My children flew but I never allowed them to run thru the Aisles, kick seats, and scream. Some parents don't care, they just sit there and don't say a word to the child. I was on a plane where this 10 year old has kicking my seat. I was getting sick from this. I spoke to my daughter load that this parent would hear, but they felt their kids could do as they wished.
As far as Smokers, Don't they realize they were endangering others health when smoking was allowed. Besides the stinch is awful.
Drunks, should not be allowed to fly as they could do something that can endanger others, and I thought this was the law.

Diane G
Back in the day when smoking was allowed on planes there was virtually no health warnings yet...many of the middle aged to older smokers come from an era where smoking was glamorized..no health warnings

Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I did, it was so gross.
I'm not sure how the guy reading Penthouse offended you unless you were looking..people read next to me all the time and I haven't a clue what they are reading
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or