U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:19 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,545,724 times

Advertisements

I've learned people who start off any response with 'Your such an I-word'....

Are better left alone. and are not worth the headache that will ensue just trying to explain things to them...

Their not emotionally stable enough to exchange thoughts with....they'd rather 'cry' and 'insult' than to learn....

They have about the same mental capacity as a 5th grader...or maybe less...
How many times does it have to be said over and over on here...'respond to the topic, not the person'...duh...

But they don't have the maturity or mental capacity to follow those simple rules....instead they would rather open the flood gate of personal insult...

But when and only when I start firing back...do threads seem to get shut down....

So I will restrain myself and try to stay on point...infact I will repeat it...

Until someone can make a valid, mature, arguement against it...

'This is a job that gay and lesbians may be drawn to...do to the legal pat down of other peoples body parts...for I don't know to many hetro's who would enjoy handling other peoples 'junk' all day'....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 08:34 PM

553 posts, read 1,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I've learned people who start off any response with 'Your such an I-word'....

Are better left alone. and are not worth the headache that will ensue just trying to explain things to them...

Their not emotionally stable enough to exchange thoughts with....they'd rather 'cry' and 'insult' than to learn....

They have about the same mental capacity as a 5th grader...or maybe less...
How many times does it have to be said over and over on here...'respond to the topic, not the person'...duh...

But they don't have the maturity or mental capacity to follow those simple rules....instead they would rather open the flood gate of personal insult...

But when and only when I start firing back...do threads seem to get shut down....

So I will restrain myself and try to stay on point...infact I will repeat it...

Until someone can make a valid, mature, arguement against it...

'This is a job that gay and lesbians may be drawn to...do to the legal pat down of other peoples body parts...for I don't know to many hetro's who would enjoy handling other peoples 'junk' all day'....
Your point doesn't seem valid or mature, but I am going to try to keep my reply civil. I know someone who used to work for TSA (briefly). It took forever for him to get hired. The Feds don't do anything fast, so it's highly unlikely all the homosexuals rushed out to sign up for the jobs. It's very likely the screeners don't enjoy touching people all day. I am not defending TSA's policies, and I don't particularly care for all of the employees I've encountered in the airports, but they didn't just rush out and get jobs at TSA to grope people.

Are all female gynecologists gay and are all male proctologists gay?

You claim another poster has the mentality of a 5th-grader, but your statements seem to portray immaturity, ignorance, or both.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
Your point doesn't seem valid or mature, but I am going to try to keep my reply civil. I know someone who used to work for TSA (briefly). It took forever for him to get hired. The Feds don't do anything fast, so it's highly unlikely all the homosexuals rushed out to sign up for the jobs. It's very likely the screeners don't enjoy touching people all day. I am not defending TSA's policies, and I don't particularly care for all of the employees I've encountered in the airports, but they didn't just rush out and get jobs at TSA to grope people.

Are all female gynecologists gay and are all male proctologists gay?

You claim another poster has the mentality of a 5th-grader, but your statements seem to portray immaturity, ignorance, or both.
I'm simply raising a point or possibility....

And nor do I think suggesting that lesbian and or gay (closet) employees may get more enjoyment out of their job than hetrosexual employees, is beyond reasonable understanding.

If your a hetrosexual man...what enjoyment would you get out of squeezing other mens 'junks' and running your hands up and down the curves of their body, maybe 100 times..in the course of a shift?

How can a hetrosexual man or woman justify that in their mind?
You take what you do on the job, home with you at night...and replay it in your mind...and sometimes dream about it...

And I can't see a hetrosexual person getting a lot of joy or rational out of taking those kind of thoughts and images home with them night...

Sooner or later they might discover things about themselves that they wish they hadn't....

Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,336,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Males check males...and females check females...

I heard it rumored that the TSA will now be the employment of choice for lesbian and gay orientated people...

I mean it will be like a dream job for them...a custom fit job...
If the patdown has no potential for sexual overtones, why would it matter what gender the person is who pats you down?

But, now here is this:

The San Diego TSA chief has said that Tyner may be subject to an $11,000 fine. It is illegal to begin the security process, and then, for any reason, walk out and leave the airport and go home. The TSA and the US Patriot Act has now criminalized "Just Say No" and walk away.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel...,1421539.story

Against the law to walk away from a person threatening what you believe is a sexual assault. And subject to a fine that exceeds 8 months pay at minimum wage.

Apparently, if you're carrying a bomb set to go off any minute, its against the law to leave the crowded airport, in the interest of the safety of the other passengers.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-19-2010 at 12:16 AM..

Old 11-19-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If the patdown has no potential for sexual overtones, why would it matter what gender the person is who pats you down?

But, now here is this:

The San Diego TSA chief has said that Tyner may be subject to an $11,000 fine. It is illegal to begin the security process, and then, for any reason, walk out and leave the airport and go home. The TSA and the US Patriot Act has now criminalized "Just Say No" and walk away.

TSA full body scan: Man faces $11K fine for refusing TSA screening - chicagotribune.com

Against the law to walk away from a person threatening what you believe is a sexual assault. And subject to a fine that exceeds 8 months pay at minimum wage.

Apparently, if you're carrying a bomb set to go off any minute, its against the law to leave the crowded airport, in the interest of the safety of the other passengers.
It shouldn't matter who pats you down...but it's set up so that males pat down males, and females pat down females...probablly protects against law suits...
You know how people are these days...
And it prevents husbands and boyfriends from getting 'jelious' at Ed, the TSA guy, frisking his wife...

About the fine...I can kind of understand that...cause I guess they feel if indeed they were able to thwart someone from entering flight with a 'bomb' or weapon...than they want to know more about that person...so that they don't just walk away...and try it again somewhere else...

Although I think they should just be temporarily detained for questioning...not fined...people are broke these days...who has an extra $10 gran laying around to give to the TSA?

Old 11-20-2010, 05:32 AM

731 posts, read 1,376,315 times
I am not sure but taperecording someone without their approval is against the law. Law enforcement, of course, that is a different story. It appears to me that the whole incident happened because the dude wanted to record an encounter of bum sorts, and the TSA was guilty of overreacting and maybe out of line for his job description. Both, I feel were in the wrong.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:59 PM

For some it's a dream job...that allows you to flirt all day with others, while getting paid...

Old 11-21-2010, 07:02 AM

13,826 posts, read 18,819,895 times
Wow such hostility on this thread .

Old 11-21-2010, 07:46 AM

2,260 posts, read 2,142,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
I am not sure but tape recording someone without their approval is against the law. Law enforcement, of course, that is a different story. It appears to me that the whole incident happened because the dude wanted to record an encounter of bum sorts, and the TSA was guilty of overreacting and maybe out of line for his job description. Both, I feel were in the wrong.
As this encounter is in a public space, the TSA has NO expectation of privacy. In that situation taping is fine, as is videotaping the encounter.

The whole incident happened because the gentleman was willing to stand up for his constitutional rights. He was not willing to waive his 4th amendment right to unreasonable search and seizure just because someone asked him to.

When you consider that the scanners cannot detect anything in a person's body cavities, or under rolls of fat, and that most cargo is not screened, the scanners and the sexual assaults that occur when you opt out are window dressing.

I applaud Tyner and wish more people would do what he did; I know I will the next time I have to fly.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:58 AM

10,425 posts, read 8,794,092 times
See this coming....a person stuffs a device up their privates....go to the airport....get a free gyno/procto exam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or