Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:45 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,376,392 times

Advertisements

Why in the world did you bring back a thread that is 4 YEARS old for this post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 01:17 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKill View Post
I avoid additional baggage fees, lost (& never found) baggage by shipping everything except overnight supplies via either UPS or FEDEX. And, I never board my flight without confirming the arrival of my luggage - - recording confirmation/telephone #s on my shipping receipt. Then I make sure to have my shipping receipt available for the TSA as I go thru security. Circumventing the senseless fees & restrictions displeases the TSA & the airlines but I'm operating within the confines of the law.

More people following my lead would send a message to the TSA & the airlines. Think about it.
just out of curiosity, do you think the OP really needs an answer now, 4 plus years after posting and what does shipping bags have to do with bringing make up etc. on the plane? Glad you have solved your problem, but this doesn't work for everyone. What about the person flying to a cruise port for instance? and just to add one more thing: yes, luggage does get lost, if you look at how many pieces it sounds outrageous, but the % is almost nothing. We have never lost a piece of luggage that was not found with in a few days. My mom in law did once. She got paid by the airline insurance company and the luggage, eventually showed up. I have been flying for about 60 years, all over the world...so, I know from experience it is rare...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel