U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,241,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! 1 week from Saturday.....
I'm green w/ envy.

We are trying to go this summer. Airfare is reasonable but the condos are BOOKED! I can find studios or 1 bedrooms but all of the 2 or more bedrooms are GONE! This means people are not just going as a couple. They are taking the entire family. I'm guessing they are not too worried about safety there for their family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 AM

13,103 posts, read 24,874,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'm green w/ envy.

We are trying to go this summer. Airfare is reasonable but the condos are BOOKED! I can find studios or 1 bedrooms but all of the 2 or more bedrooms are GONE! This means people are not just going as a couple. They are taking the entire family. I'm guessing they are not too worried about safety there for their family.
I'm already looking for next Feb as I want to be there during the whale migration and Christmas week is to much $$$$$$$$$ so guess it will be boring Florida again this year for the holidays

Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,038,851 times
Heading down to Loreto in 2 weeks....unless this flu bug stops travel!
I will be crushed if we have to cancel!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:39 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,447,720 times
just don't go to Mexico City and bring back more swine flu

Old 04-25-2009, 09:25 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,880,155 times
Looks like it just got risker to go to mexico as they probably have no idea other areas that have it.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:04 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,053,711 times
It's not a good time to go to Mexico. Seriously, it's not worth risking your life (or the lives of others) for a vacation. Definitely wait until this new thing clears up. I'm still not sure why they just call it "The Swine flu" since it has the characteristics of several flus all wrapped into one.

Check out the news stories~ how schools are closing down there and some businesses will also be closing in order to slow down this flu. They show many people walking around with masks. Wait until this is all over and then have a wonderful vacation.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:56 AM

This does have me freaked
my airline Continental is waiving all fees if you want to cancel or rebook for somewhere else
My DIL is totally freaked.....so close to cabo

Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM

I think it is the traveling on the airplane to ANWHERE that would have me concerned. Even a domestic flight would be a bit sketchy right now. Go buy some of those masks (they are pretty cheap) and have for the plane ride. Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. Do not shake hands with anyone, do NOT shake hands with anyone. I think those two things could go a long way in preventing the spread of it.

It isn't just Mexico though. This has already been found in other states including a high school in New York that has completely shut down after about 100 kids came down with it last week. While nothing has been reported in the Baja area of Mexico it might be because fewer people in that area live in very close contact with each other. The over crowding is not there like in other areas.

I don't know what to tell you on this one. what a bummer to. Here it is you are to leave in just a few days to an AWESOME PLACE!!! And then this. URGH!!!

I have not checked to see if there have been a slew of cancelations for Mexico but I just might.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 AM

Hmm, I'm going to keep an eye on availablitity for a condo anywhere right now. Just peeked and more have been added that are available. A LOT more in California (southern & north), Cancun, Mayan Riveria, Carribbean islands, Florida but NONE have been added to Cabo.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:59 AM

I haven't seen or read of any outbreaks in Cabo
Cabo is no where the size or population density of Mexico City and you're right it's already here and who knows how many those infected with it have infected others in their travels
Hubbie is not worried
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or