U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your airplane seating preference and why?
Window - I like to be left alone 22 17.32%
Window - I like to look out the window and enjoy the view as much as possible 57 44.88%
Window - other 10 7.87%
Middle - I hate the aisle and the window 1 0.79%
Middle - if it means sitting next to a spouse/friend/family member, I prefer it 3 2.36%
Middle - other 0 0%
Aisle - I hate to see out the window, I'm afraid of flying/heights 1 0.79%
Aisle - I like to be able to get up whenever possible; maybe claustrophobic; access to go to bathroom 32 25.20%
Aisle - other 19 14.96%
I have no seating preference whatsoever, wherever they seat me is fine 4 3.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 AM

4,085 posts, read 7,666,159 times

Advertisements

From my window seat on a little propeller plane, here are pictures of SEA-TAC and Washington and Canada when I flew from Seattle to Kelowna, BC (Canada)...

Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 PM

563 posts, read 2,322,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Window as you can lean into it with pillow to try and catch a nap
you also have control over the shade..lol

If can't get window then aisle would be my next choice with middle a no no
I'd rather sit aisle with hubbie across from me in the aisle seat or one of us be window and one aisle
HAHA Control of the Shade!
Funny thing is that I have thought that.

I prefer the right side of the plane and the window because I never get up to use the rest room. I fly Jet blue like every two weeks so Whenever I was flying, I would take window over aisle. Middle is out of the question. Problem with the aisle is I am always all situated with my tv, head phones, a little system for snacks and creature comforts, and I am always interrupted adn have to get up out of my seat. So, I take the window, and that is that, I am good til I land. Plus I like to look out. We always come into JFK different ways so I like to see if I can figure out what is what down there. Last time, we flew in way west of the airport and came in over old Floyd Bennett Field...it was cool. JFK was out the window to my right and we made a right turn and banked in to the runway. You were able to actually see where you would be going.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:00 PM

364 posts, read 1,438,409 times
If I weren't so tall and the seating area weren't so cramped, I would absolutely say window seat. But, I have long legs and need to be able to stretch them at times, so I always go with the aisle seat when possible.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:01 PM

32 posts, read 114,671 times
johnny very nice pictures they look soooo cool. peace

Old 04-29-2009, 07:53 AM

857 posts, read 1,259,696 times
Window is the best for 2 reasons. 1) nobody asks me to move 2) I get to see the world below

absolute worst seat in the plane: Aisle seat in middle section, its the worst because because it is the opposite of what the window offers. No view and people make you get up, plus people moving up and down aisle and drink carts etc... its almost impossible to get a decent nap in...

Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 AM

5,677 posts, read 8,588,145 times
great shot Jezer, here is my contribution, this is the glorious Mount Rainier on my flight back from Seattle to Los Angeles!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:15 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,447,720 times
window

I enjoy seeing the midwest fields as they look like a big checkerboard until the plane gets to an elevation that I lookdown on clouds.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:08 PM

202 posts, read 906,815 times
I always pick windowseat

Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 PM

1,492 posts, read 6,955,586 times
I remember traveling Southwest w/ 3 children and we got the B seats which meant when we boarded- all rows were taken by at least 1 or 2 people...alse and window, alse and window.

I just started at the bulkhead -one in the center...opposite alse one in the center,
then row 2 one in the center on each side.

There was a lady who had A boarding who was on the first row asle....she quickly opened up a brown bag, unrolled her sandwich, poured out her chips, had her drink- she acted like it was the rudest thing ever for someone to want to sit beside her.

What's a parent to do when traveling with family- got to keep everyone as close together as possible.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:57 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,666,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I remember traveling Southwest w/ 3 children and we got the B seats which meant when we boarded- all rows were taken by at least 1 or 2 people...alse and window, alse and window.

I just started at the bulkhead -one in the center...opposite alse one in the center,
then row 2 one in the center on each side.

There was a lady who had A boarding who was on the first row asle....she quickly opened up a brown bag, unrolled her sandwich, poured out her chips, had her drink- she acted like it was the rudest thing ever for someone to want to sit beside her.

What's a parent to do when traveling with family- got to keep everyone as close together as possible.
That horrendous seating policy of Southwest's is what keeps them from being a great airline. It is an unfair policy and it rewards those who are lucky, younger or stronger, and pushier or ruder. Of course they figure "people like it" - well yeah, the more vocal, pushy, and rude people do love it because it benefits them. That's what keeps Southwest to be considered something of a joke amongst all the airlines. They need to change that policy and provide assigned seating like every other airline in the industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or