U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:48 AM

13,103 posts, read 24,874,667 times

Advertisements

At what point of empty seats does it become no longer feasable to fly and they cancel the flight

I'm booked for Cabo on Saturday, last Friday when I checked it was a totally booked flight now with the flu scare there are 20 seats available in coach & 8 in first class..wondering if I should have a back up plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 AM

32 posts, read 75,526 times
I guess it all depends on the airline. I had a flight to Chicago last year. 10-15 passengers on the plane.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 AM

4,085 posts, read 7,666,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
At what point of empty seats does it become no longer feasable to fly and they cancel the flight

I'm booked for Cabo on Saturday, last Friday when I checked it was a totally booked flight now with the flu scare there are 20 seats available in coach & 8 in first class..wondering if I should have a back up plan
If they cancel it, it will either be well in advance or at the very last minute after you've gone and checked in. 20 seats AVAILABLE? That's not a whole lot. If it's Continental they won't cancel for only that many, most likely. I'm not sure what backup plan you would need - you just have to see what happens and go with the flow, take the next flight they offer you or whatever...

I think you'll be OK, kate. Don't sweat it. Should be fun. My brother had a blast in Cabo a few months ago. Say hi to Sammy Hagar and don't get the flu, I hear it's a nasty one.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
If they cancel it, it will either be well in advance or at the very last minute after you've gone and checked in. 20 seats AVAILABLE? That's not a whole lot. If it's Continental they won't cancel for only that many, most likely. I'm not sure what backup plan you would need - you just have to see what happens and go with the flow, take the next flight they offer you or whatever...

I think you'll be OK, kate. Don't sweat it. Should be fun. My brother had a blast in Cabo a few months ago. Say hi to Sammy Hagar and don't get the flu, I hear it's a nasty one.
Well now it's up to 40...30 in economy & 10 in First Class
Yup, that's the plan for Cinco De Mayo..Cabo Wabo

Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,241,906 times
Our flight FROM Cabo last year only had about 2 dozen people on it. The flight coming in from DFW to Cabo that was our return had only a handful of people get off of it. Funny thing is that flight home was actually TWO flights of people as our flight home from Cabo the afternoon before got delayed so long they cancelled it for us. It still came on in but it was so late and only a handful of people they just put us on the plane back home the next morning. We had no worries, it was just another day in Cabo

Yum, I'm craving some of Sammy's Tequila Shrimp and their great hot sauce and chips at Cabo Wabo Cantina. And some of the lobster rolls at La Palapa.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
So people are cancelling and more seats are becoming available? It must be this swine flu thing.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
So people are cancelling and more seats are becoming available? It must be this swine flu thing.
Exactly..I'm on the phone now after being on hold for HOURS to cancel my son & dil because she is all freaked out about the flu thing going on

Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,197,829 times
Quote:
Have you checked the return? Have to think there will be more people trying toget out of there than are tyring to get to the area with the flu becoming such a big concern. Doubt they would cancel the flight regardless of how many people are on it going down. It would really make me reconsider going down myself.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Our flight FROM Cabo last year only had about 2 dozen people on it. The flight coming in from DFW to Cabo that was our return had only a handful of people get off of it. Funny thing is that flight home was actually TWO flights of people as our flight home from Cabo the afternoon before got delayed so long they cancelled it for us. It still came on in but it was so late and only a handful of people they just put us on the plane back home the next morning. We had no worries, it was just another day in Cabo

Yum, I'm craving some of Sammy's Tequila Shrimp and their great hot sauce and chips at Cabo Wabo Cantina. And some of the lobster rolls at La Palapa.
Good to know

Old 04-28-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Exactly..I'm on the phone now after being on hold for HOURS to cancel my son & dil because she is all freaked out about the flu thing going on
Sounds like now is the best time to get some great deals on trips to Mexico! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or