Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 AM

2,377 posts, read 5,402,193 times

Advertisements

I just took Jet Blue to and from Ft Lauderdale...it is my #1 choice for going to Florida.. or anywhere else..The planes are clean.. the TV is great.. the crew is always happy and helpful and I've never had a bad experiance with them.
Last year we took Airtran as JB did not have their fares up when we were booking...Airtran...I'd rather take Greyhound or walk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 03:25 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,288,802 times
JetBlue is wonderful. Until your flight gets cancelled or delayed (anyone up for sitting on the tarmac for 5 hours?) As long as all goes well, it's my favorite airline. But if any delays happen, you're SOL.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:11 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
JetBlue is wonderful. Until your flight gets cancelled or delayed (anyone up for sitting on the tarmac for 5 hours?) As long as all goes well, it's my favorite airline. But if any delays happen, you're SOL.
That'll happen anywhere

Old 05-15-2009, 06:52 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
We flew Jet Blue from DC to CA and back twice - 2005 and 2007. No complaints about the planes or flights. My wife's luggage didn't make the return trip ... not sure how that happened - it was a direct flight, and we got to the airport early. It arrived at our door the next day.

But problems with luggage can happen with any airline. I guess it was just our turn.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:24 PM

295 posts, read 837,823 times
I flew JetBlue in February from O'Hare to Logan. For the price, I though they were great. The plane was a little small, but the flight wasn't booked to capacity, so I was able to strech out. Plus, the cable tv service was free, so I was able to watch ABDC and Sportscenter on the way home.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:00 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Just flew on Jetblue yesterday. I'm almost ready to take back the nice things I've said about them. They have readjusted the seats to where your legs are now jammed against the seat in front of you. But for $10 more you can get 1 of 4 seats that have leg room (VA to NY).Staff on flight were so-so. Also the above head storage bins seem to be getting smaller, since by bag (I've using this same one for years) would not just slide in. This time I had to jam it in. And now since there no longer leg room, the floor storage areas are now worthless since it is now where you store your feet.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
It's a 2.5 freaking hour flight. If you can't keep yourself amused for two hours, that's really sad. And we wonder why people in this country are so frigging fat? Worrying about not eating for two hours? Geesh!

Jet Blue has some advatanges with their newer fleet. The disadvantage is that they hub of of a city notorious for very lengthy delays, and despite their publicity spiel about a passenger bill of rights, things haven't really changed.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:14 AM

Came back on the VA to NY run. The staff on this flight were excellent. I guess I'll have to find a 1" thinner carry on.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 PM

563 posts, read 2,570,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Just flew on Jetblue yesterday. I'm almost ready to take back the nice things I've said about them. They have readjusted the seats to where your legs are now jammed against the seat in front of you. But for $10 more you can get 1 of 4 seats that have leg room (VA to NY).Staff on flight were so-so. Also the above head storage bins seem to be getting smaller, since by bag (I've using this same one for years) would not just slide in. This time I had to jam it in. And now since there no longer leg room, the floor storage areas are now worthless since it is now where you store your feet.
Were you on the Embraer 190 (2 seats each side) or were you on the Airbus A320 (3 seats on each side). That is my guess as to why you experienced what you experienced. The same bag I travel with all the time (and I only travel jetblue when I go between Jax, Fl and NY) sometimes has the smaller plane and the seats are smaller, and same bags do not fit. Other than the seats in rows 2-5 being readjusted on the airbus for 4 inches more leg room, and 10-20 bucks more for it, I think your statement has some holes that need to be filled to be an open and objective critique. Just my two cents.

For what its worth, I think they are one of the best out there right now. They are my go to airline when I travel, and I travel at least every two weeks and have flown lots of the airlines. I have had my bag mis-checked once by them (I guess it was my turn) and I have been delayed and sat on the runway at JFK a few times, but I still prefer them to travel on.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:05 PM

Every single flight I've taken with JetBlue has been on the 190. I fly in the last three rows. I use them for a majority of my flights. except for the seats being readjusted I can adjust to a different carry on (I don't check in anything). The only odd thing is that I've never flown out of JFK on time (Wednesdays flight left 20 minutes late), but for some reason I always get to my destination early. I guess they now build in a lateness window into each flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel