U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 PM

202 posts, read 907,130 times

Advertisements

Hey!

I'm heading to F. Lauderdale, FL in 2 months, and I want to travel now with Jet Blue Airline. I've been to both Continental and American airline, and the flight was too boring. I head that Jet Blue has their own small TV in front of their seat, is it true? What food are included from NYC to FLL with the flight? What could you do on the TV?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 01:29 PM

13,168 posts, read 20,787,609 times
Every Jet Blue flight I've been on had the TV's. Several different stations are available. I can't answer about the food, since I no longer count on getting anything onboard.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Every Jet Blue flight I've been on had the TV's. Several different stations are available. I can't answer about the food, since I no longer count on getting anything onboard.
So could you check weather on the TV, look on map where your plane currently is, altitude, time etc. whatever?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:55 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,071 posts, read 1,832,691 times
Last time I was using Jet Blue was in 2007 for Ft. Lauderdale flight. The TV was broken, no food, only chips so after this experience I'm flying on Continental.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:16 PM

13,168 posts, read 20,787,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-201 View Post
So could you check weather on the TV, look on map where your plane currently is, altitude, time etc. whatever?
Yes, they had a similar channel with that info. I've also been able to do that on some Delta flights. I always thought Jet Blue had the most comfortable coach seats. Unfortunately, they don't fly out of Atlanta, where we are currently based.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,669,384 times
As someone who has had Elite status on Continental and loves Continental the most, I'll say that if not for Continental I'd fly Jet Blue more often. I've flown them a few times, they were good, especially for the money.

The best flight was from JFK to Oakland. A blizzard was underway and they flew the last few flights out of the NY Metro area. They were de-icing the plane and while they did, I was watching News 4 New York and saw a reporter talking about the blizzard from JFK, and then they panned over and I saw my plane live on TV, being de-iced! Very neat...

24 channels of DirecTV on my flights - I'm pretty sure there was a dedicated "info" channel which showed a kind of GPS tracking and other info, but might not have been on all the flights I took w/ them.

They are technically a "no-frills" airline, but I had soda and chips on every flight, plus the DirecTV; still, I felt their no-frills status showed a little in a noticeable, but not a prevalent, lack of professionalism from some of their workers, particularly gate and check-in agents.

I call Jet Blue "the IKEA of airlines" - great price and value, looks sleek and sharp, but you can tell it's much "cheaper" than they try to look. I felt their clientele at JFK was the same crowd I'd have seen at IKEA's. Yuppy, VW-driving types with a neo-bohemian-hipster edge and lots of kids and lots of expensive papoose type things to carry them in... You probably know the type...

If not for my frequent flier situation w/ Continental, I'd still fly Continental a lot but I'd fly Jet Blue more than I do now, which is almost never. And if I were paying out of my pocket most of the time I'd consider JetBlue more - but be careful about that, being from North Jersey... You have to consider that getting to and from JFK is more expensive than Newark, so the ticket cost has to be considerable to choose JetBlue for a savings - if Jet Blue is no more than $50 less then I'll probably stick with Continental.

But nothing wrong w/ Jet Blue if you get a good deal, they're great.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 AM

There are Jet Blue flights from Newark to F. Lauderdale

Old 05-01-2009, 12:53 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,071 posts, read 1,832,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-201 View Post
There are Jet Blue flights from Newark to F. Lauderdale
THis flight I took in 2007 from EWR. I would not fly from JFK on Jet Blue getting to airport is absolutely nightmare.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:05 PM

11,937 posts, read 21,523,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
Last time I was using Jet Blue was in 2007 for Ft. Lauderdale flight. The TV was broken, no food, only chips so after this experience I'm flying on Continental.
Have fun sitting in EWR #45 for takeoff in an RJ.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:59 PM

21,364 posts, read 24,099,835 times
I use them for most of my US travel. Have a sandwich before the flight or you carry on food bought at the airport. The gate-to-gate trip is about 3 hours. Bring your own set of headphones so you can either listen to music or watch TV. Sit in the back of the plane. over 90% of the time I end up with 2-3 seats to myself. Extremely friendly staff. Wednesday/Thursday usually gives you the best rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or