U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:59 PM

13,108 posts, read 24,939,413 times

Advertisements

arrived this afternoon..best flight I ever had if there were 50 people on it there were alot..each had a whole row to ourselves to stretch..no sign of flu here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 04:57 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,328,302 times
YOU MADE IT!!!! WOO-HOO!!!! Cheers

Old 05-11-2009, 08:16 AM

Cabo was great...
There is NO flu there
People go back..rebook your trips the workers are hurting as the tourists are down a good 50%
They closed part of my resort, 1 pool no biggie except for the workers sent home until tourism picks back up

This( swine flu) was the most over blown media hype BS to come down the pike in quite some time.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:31 AM

I was wondering if you made it back or just stayed.

I agree, the whole flu thing is SOOOOOOO overblown. You should see the new guidelines and so called "rules" for the school districts if your kids are sick now. If they get a fever, vomiting or sore throat they want them to miss 7 DAYS AFTER ALL SYMPTOMS ARE GONE! Uh, NO!!!! Crazy.

So you loved it? Tell me, tell me............ what did you do? Where did you go? Sightsee? Eat? Weather great? People? (can you tell I'm excited )

Aren't the people there very friendly and most of them speak English. Lots of Canadians live there as well.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I was wondering if you made it back or just stayed.

I agree, the whole flu thing is SOOOOOOO overblown. You should see the new guidelines and so called "rules" for the school districts if your kids are sick now. If they get a fever, vomiting or sore throat they want them to miss 7 DAYS AFTER ALL SYMPTOMS ARE GONE! Uh, NO!!!! Crazy.

So you loved it? Tell me, tell me............ what did you do? Where did you go? Sightsee? Eat? Weather great? People? (can you tell I'm excited )

Aren't the people there very friendly and most of them speak English. Lots of Canadians live there as well.
The usual tourist stuff..downtown a few times, the marina, Cabo Wabo, Gigglin Marlin took a ride up to Tosdo Santos (sp?) and had a few margaritas at Hotel California..it's about 20 degrees cooler up there in the mountains

Hubbie went fishing 1 yellowfin and 2 Mahi Mahi..alas no Marlin or roosterfish.

Next time we look to rent a condo for the following reasons:

I want to be able to walk or be closer to downtown & the marina. From the resort it was $24 USD round trip plus tip

The resort does not have in room coffee makers ( maybe because the tap water is not drinkable? They do leave plenty of big bottles of water in your room) The buffet does not open until 7AM so if you are an early riser like us and want your coffee when you get up it's not happening at least not at the Rui Santa Fe

Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 PM

2,897 posts, read 9,220,994 times
How are the beaches in Cabo?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 PM

The beaches in Cabo or great. The tide is rough w/ a bad under tow so you don't just get in without being a good swimmer and if your on the Pacific side NOT AT ALL!!!!

Gosh........ I'm still so jealous you got to go to Cabo last week. I gotta tell you........... you were on my mind everyday last week. LOVE THAT PLACE!!!! Are the shops not neat and it is kind of fun to shop there. We have not made it up to Hotel California YET! It is on my list for the next time. There is just sooooo much to do there but you just want to chill while your there and unwind and get on a whole different rythym.

Yes, staying much closer in is SOOOOOOOO much better. First trip we were out in the Hotel Corridor and it stinks. We rented a car for a day one time just to drive in instead of the taxis. Now we have a place at Via del Arco which is within walking distance or a $7 cab ride. Much better. I don't mind driving there at all though. We have already said that from now on we are just renting a car at the airport.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 AM

The town the Hotel california is in..well there isn't much else. Hotel is on main drag which is paved, the rest of the streets are dirt roads. A few artist shops. Worth the drive though as it's nice.

Beaches are beautiful but I hardly swim so wouldn't even consider sticking one toe in the water as the surf is rough, the waves high and the undertow is horrific....but beautiful to look at

Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM

287 posts, read 985,490 times
Playa Del Carmen is pretty wonderful too. Just got back last night, and am now planning a return trip!! I'm bummed. Didn't want to leave.

ps--everything open, in full swing there, weather perfect, locals friendly, and still tourists everywhere. Just not as many.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:06 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,181,789 times
Cabo is nice but I prefer Puerto Vallarta. Cabo has some spectacular resorts, but most of them are far from town. The town isn't that great either. The Marina area is nice and you can walk along the Marina to a lot of different restaurants, shops, etc. PV has an awesome town and better beaches. Cabo can be rocky and the under tow is fierce. It's a great area for beautiful resorts and the deep sea fishing is great. PV has better beaches and it's a $5 US cab ride to town and their downtown is really awesome. Nevertheless, glad that you're having a great time. Don't get hooked on one destination. Cabo will always be there. Try some other parts of Mexico too. It's an awesome vacation destination!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel