U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 11:34 AM

14,257 posts, read 23,974,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
stoymonkey, we are renting a car from Hertz in Oct. for Ft. Lauderdale. I spoke with a representative. There is a $100 difference by picking up the car at their off site location. $20.00 cab ride, 20 mins. from the Airport. $420 at the airport, $310, off site. We are going off site. I have heard horror stories about Hotwire and they get your money when you book. Good luck.
Every market is different. I would have recommended the off-site idea; however, Denver International is located about 25 miles west of Denver out in the prairies of Colorado and a cab to an off-site location would probably be $60.

For example, you can get a Hertz weekend 3 day rental off-airport near Chicago O'Hare for $30 + 10% tax. Renting at the airport will cost you $40 per day +~27% tax. It is worth a $2 El ride to save well over $100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:50 PM

175 posts, read 321,881 times
All kinds of rental car promo codes on this site for you to try - Rental Codes.com - Car Rental Coupon Code Source - Avis, Budget BCD, Dollar, National, Thrifty and Enterprise Coupons. I used to use them all the time when my boyfriend was living down in FL & I had to fly down to see him. I got some great deals even if it did take a little while to try all the different rental places & see which coupon code was really the best. I like doing all the planning that goes into booking a trip, so it wasn't a big deal to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel