U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:22 AM

1,123 posts, read 4,804,983 times

Advertisements

I have never been to the Northwest - or North/South Dakota. Last summer we drove to Maine and the summer before that drove to Ft Lauderdale - so we did the whole East Coast (twice) in one calendar year!

In 3 weeks we are going to Las Vegas and then driving AZ and Utah for 10 days. I did some of this trip 9 years ago, but the family has not and it will be our 17 year olds first trip out west. Should be tons of fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 07:11 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
East of the mississippi I have been to every state except Maine. West of it I have only been to Minn, IA, and NV (flying over states doesn't count I assume).

I would really like to go to Cali, and we have a trip scheduled for Oct of 2010, so I can't wait for that. The whole Pacific NW I would like to see, for some reason, I could envision retiring in WA.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:21 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,137,087 times
There's many places in the US I haven't visited and top of my list is probably the Rockies.

I could go on and on if I wanted but I'll keep it to that for the moment!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,453,739 times
Many places I have not been-------------east of Ohio, Alaska, and Hawaii.

I think I would rather re-visit places I've been and pass on those three.

I definitely want to re-visit the Pacific Northwest before I die.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:00 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,051,682 times
I have traveled all over the USA, except for the Pacific NW, Hawaii, & Alaska.
I have no desire for Hawaii, but would love to visit the other two one day.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:06 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,606,652 times
As someone who lives in Denver (and loves it) and grew up in Seattle, I am always suprised by how many people say they'd love to live out on this side of the US. I believe Denver was rated #1 as the place most people would like to visit/live. Interesting. We DO have a great quality of life and much better weather than Seattle. I guess I am lucky.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,668,482 times
I have not been to Alaska or Hawaii.

On the mainland, I have not been to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota (except to connect at the airport - doesn't count), Iowa, and Nebraska.

I've been to every other state in the nation - not too bad, huh?

I still want to go to Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. I don't have any desire to go to Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Minn., or the Dakotas. I mostly avoid the middle part of the nation, I find it pretty boring.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM

14,752 posts, read 28,608,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I haven't been to Alaska or Hawaii. Other wise I've been pretty much everywhere from bar harbor Maine to crossing the border into Mexico south of San Diego. From Key West to Bellingham, WA.

I've been in every major city in the US, most of the secondary, and a fair number of the smaller cities/towns.

I've seen the mountains, the plains, the rivers, the desert. And you don't know the meaning of long drive until you go from one side of Texas to the other.
Yes. I've been in just about all the 48 states since I have lived in the four corner regions (So Cal, PNW, NY metro and Atlanta metro), either as an adult or with my parents growing up.

I've never been to Alaska or Hawaii. Alaska is too far and too cold, though an "Inside Passage Cruise" could be interesting. Hawaii is too expensive, so I've vacationed in Florida often.

On the lower 48, the only ones I've never set foot in are few:
- Arkansas
- Montana
- Nebraska
- So. Dakota
- No. Dakota
I've never crossed the upper part of the Midwest.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:47 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,600,216 times
I've never been to the north east areas....such as New York. I will one day though.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,881,811 times
I have been to 49 states along with Puerto Rico and the USVI. This includes only around 900 of the approximately 3,500 counties making up the US.

Alaska is the only state I haven't been to and hope to see it soon. Preferably not from the typical cruise ship perspective because I think the state has more to offer than from the cattle call shore excursions available to the cruise passengers.

I will get started on my remaining 2,600 counties in a couple weeks with a drive to the Black Hills via two-lane highways which should knock off about a dozen of the counties left on my list. After that, our next trip might be around Lake Michigan. Lots of counties to see in Michigan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or