U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:20 AM

702 posts, read 2,796,249 times

Advertisements

Very impressive Ghengis. My state list is somewhere around 38. I would love to explore the Pacific Northwest, Alaska and Hawaii. I haven't been to quite a few states in the midwest too but that is lower on my priority list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 AM

471 posts, read 875,004 times
I've been to Lousiana, New Mexico, California (several times, Southern Cali), Most of the northeast since I've lived here most of my life (NYC and MA). I know most of NY state, NJ, CT, MA a little of NH. I've been to FL as well. Planning to go visit friends in TN and going back to California for Independence day. I liked California and NM a lot! Very different from one another but California is beautiful (San Diego) and NM feels very mystical (I went to Arbuquerque, Santa Rosa and other smaller towns in between). NJ is pretty much just a bunch of towns more burbs other urban. MA is interesting, if you like to feel like you are remoted to another time go to PTown, its AWESOME!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM

46,815 posts, read 36,996,604 times
I've never been to Florida yet, so I'd like to give that a go when I get the chance. Otherwise, I'm sticking with locations in the South and West. I continue to have such a fascination with the American West (mostly desert terrain and mountains, although Idaho would be good, too) and all that that part of the country contains.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:44 AM

25,668 posts, read 24,296,710 times
In my trucking days Ive pretty much been everywhere, mostly in passing through, but saw many pretty, as well as many ghetto areas. The only place I probably havent been to/through, is Fla. Never seen it so I would never know what its like, but can assume its nice, judging by everyones comments, who have been there.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 PM

6,151 posts, read 6,320,285 times
My job takes me all over the U.S.. Time after time, when people find out I am from Alaska, they tell me they always wanted to go see Alaska but feel it is out of their reach. When I ask them if they ever travel out of country, most of them say they have gone to Europe one or more times.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:42 AM
LML

7,110 posts, read 8,114,776 times
Well, I've been to Alaska and loved it. My oldest daughter is going there on Monday and everyone in my family will have been there then except my son. The states I haven't been too are North Dakota, Hawaii, Louisianna, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, and Idaho.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:35 AM

275 posts, read 824,030 times
I have had the privilege to see every state in the conus through the window of a semi truck. The only state I haven't made it to is Maine and my wife and I are planning a vaction trip there for the future.

I have been to Hawaii, and Alaska so Maine is the last state to see then I can say that I have seen all 50 states. There is so much to see in each state. I know that I will be going back out for visits..

Old 06-07-2009, 02:42 PM

83 posts, read 300,088 times
I'd like to go to Boston to see some of the Revolutionary War period buildings and the history associated with them. Pittsburgh is on my list because I spent a lot of time as a kid growing up in various parts of it. I haven't seen it in years so, it'd be nice to visit it again. Orlando so I can go to Disneyland one time and see what it's like. I've never been. Lastly, the Grand Canyon because it is supposedly so impressive.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:15 PM

14,255 posts, read 23,974,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Isn't that the truth? I moved from Arizona to Florida and drove through Texas. I read somewhere that you could fit the entire population of the USA and give each family a reasonable home lot and they'd all fit in Texas. Great state and cities to visit, but by the time you've driven through it, you'd sell it for a quarter!
The distance between El Paso on the West to the Louisiana border on the east on I-10 is the same distance between El Paso and Los Angeles.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 PM

14,255 posts, read 23,974,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I still want to go to Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. I don't have any desire to go to Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Minn., or the Dakotas. I mostly avoid the middle part of the nation, I find it pretty boring.
It is amazing how people can dismiss broad areas of the country as boring. I live in Chicago, and I have to admit that I head to Nebraska and Minneapolis a couple of times a year and have a blast.

Nebraska has some phenomenal museums and a lot of great people. It is by far one of the most poorly marketed state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or