U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 PM

51,817 posts, read 29,906,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
For you, Id recommend you going back to your room! Youre safer there!
LOL.. Why thank you for your concern about my safety Miss Livewire.. I'm sure I'll still find a way to get in trouble..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 03:15 PM

55 posts, read 193,122 times
Maine, Pacific NW, Scandinavia, Ireland, Australia

Old 06-17-2009, 04:34 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,613,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. To answer your questions:

Budget: $2,000 - $3,000
Length of trip: 7ish days
Ages: We are 27 and 32, no kids
Interests: pubs/beer drinking, sight seeing, good food, good weather, exploring the history in a city

Australia is probably too far considering the length of the trip. I'd prefer an International location and a place where we can get a good deal on a flight from Houston. I'm just looking for suggestions and I'll figure out the flight costs, etc.

Thanks! I appreciate your suggestions. Keep 'em coming
Fly to Halifax, NS and rent a car. Drive up through the Atlantic and Maritime Provinces. Lots of inexpensive B&B's to stay at (Definitely reserve in advance) You could spend the entire time in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

Alternately Fly to St. Johns, Newfoundland where there's tons of night life and spend the week exploring NF--again, lots of reasonable B&B's.

It's cool but not cold and the people are great!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:30 PM

29,910 posts, read 8,620,220 times
The North shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota rarely gets above 85!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:41 PM

12,299 posts, read 18,421,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holidaytours View Post
Holiday Tours in Thailand. *advertisement removed*
Umm Thailand is not considered cool weather.

By the way your post will be removed by the mods for blatant advertising.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 PM

29,910 posts, read 8,620,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hania42 View Post
I've been in the Dominican Republic, it has very good weather, If a vacation on the beach is of interest to the traveler, the North Coast is perhaps the best destination to visit. The white sands coupled with the warm hospitality of the people make this place a perfect spot for a vacation. you must go to the north coast of the Dominican Republic, with a tropical party all weekend at the Sosua Bay Beach Resort hotel and Cabatere are the best about Watersports aficionados will also find what they're looking for too. Windsurfung (excellent in the Caberete area), snorkeling, parasailing, sailing, scuba diving and deep sea fishing are all readily available.
Lol......the OP was looking for cool weather from June-August. I don't think DR has that....maybe the highlands though.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:28 PM

479 posts, read 1,310,325 times
The west coast of Oregon! We'll be there in August, too, God willing. It's great getting up to 60 degrees & sleeping with a blanket. But if you go inland just a few miles, it can drastically change to 90!

So probably anywhere on the west coast from Washington thru most of California would work for you. Have a great time!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:55 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,613,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTS Mom View Post
The west coast of Oregon! We'll be there in August, too, God willing. It's great getting up to 60 degrees & sleeping with a blanket. But if you go inland just a few miles, it can drastically change to 90!

So probably anywhere on the west coast from Washington thru most of California would work for you. Have a great time!
We're planning a long weekend trip to Washington and Oregon over Labor Day, sounds like I'm going to have to take a look at the weather and pack layers. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:02 AM

14,261 posts, read 24,004,620 times
If you are looking for a relief from the xcessive heat, there are two additional options within your budget. N. Wisconsin and N. Minnesota would both qualify as substantially cooler. The one thing that you would have to do is to bring a lot of mosquito repellent.

Also, it would be a great year for an Alaskan cruise. The cruises are very inexpensive this year.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:08 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,618,090 times
I would love to plan a vacation to get away from the humidity and heat.....if only for a week. When you break into a sweat taking a short walk from your car to the grocery store....it is just too hot! I had to take a shower when I got home just to keep from smelling funky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or