U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,657,271 times

Advertisements

I am open to whatever conclusion but again it isn't USA other countries move slower. And isn't the black box supposefully 2400 ft down? That isn't that easy to get to. To me it is truly amazing more planes don't go down with how many flights happen. Yes it would be nice to have an answer-......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 07:01 AM

51,816 posts, read 29,891,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
I am open to whatever conclusion but again it isn't USA other countries move slower. And isn't the black box supposefully 2400 ft down? That isn't that easy to get to. To me it is truly amazing more planes don't go down with how many flights happen. Yes it would be nice to have an answer-......
They're saying the "black boxes" could be up to 22,000 feet below the surface; 2400 feet is nothing.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:02 AM

12,273 posts, read 18,397,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I commented about this in the other air france thread on this forum, but I still have yet to see the press release any photos of the wreckage from flight 447... :
Well as events are updated, one of the reasons is because THEY HAVE FOUND NO DEBRIS.
Ah the press, why do you believe anything they report on? - jumped the gun on the report of finding debris. A few random pallets in the ocean.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 AM

2,839 posts, read 1,919,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well as events are updated, one of the reasons is because THEY HAVE FOUND NO DEBRIS.
Ah the press, why do you believe anything they report on? - jumped the gun on the report of finding debris. A few random pallets in the ocean.
Uh, no. I dont buy what the press is saying... not in the least bit.

And they DIDNT just say a "few random pallets in the ocean" a couple of days ago.. thats their 'new' report on what the wreckage is. The first reports from wednesday mentioned an actual airline seat, a 23 foot section of the fuselage, and a fuel spill in and around the area of the debris.

Brazil CONFIRMED it was from air france 447 on wednesday! They said parts of the aircraft were in the water! You cant just retract a statement like that and just say that the debris were just "pallets in the ocean"... A pallet looks nothing like a 23foot section of a fuselage!

I cant believe you dont think there is something suspicious going on... Do some research for yourself. Look at google news... read some of the news articles from tuesday, wednesday, and thursday and youll see there are major inconsistancies.

And now I hear they are blaming the icing conditions for clogging the pitot static airspeed indicator and causing the pilots to become unaware of their airspeed. That is complete and utter BS! Nearly all modern airliners these days are equipped with GPS which pilots can use as a backup source of airspeed and location information and works completely independent of the pitot static system.

Last edited by ryanst530; 06-05-2009 at 09:08 AM..

Old 06-05-2009, 09:07 AM

12,273 posts, read 18,397,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Brazil CONFIRMED it was from air france 447 on wednesday! They said parts of the aircraft were in the water! You cant just retract a statement like that and just say that the debris were just "pallets in the ocean"... A pallet looks nothing like a 23foot section of a fuselage!.
Agree with all, but did the government of Brazil actually confirm that they had found debris on wednesday (and I remember reading a report about a 20 foot section of the plane) or was it simply for example Katie Cuoric, in her usual professional reporting style, quoting Pablo the Brazilian Airforce boy cook who heard it from a mechanic who heard it from the guy that changes oil who heard it from....?
But we are also dealing with Brazil here, not exactly the most efficient or best run country in the world.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:33 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,880,333 times
I think part of the miss information is because no one at this point KNOWS for certain what happened.
The only thing at this point I rule out is terrorism, because if it was the group responsible would be shouting it out by now

Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 AM

588 posts, read 2,559,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I think part of the miss information is because no one at this point KNOWS for certain what happened.
Not knowing for certain what happened is absolutely NO EXCUSE to start making up stuff. Any facts reported need to be verified, you can't just go on rumors and opinions. This is Journalism 101.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler View Post
Not knowing for certain what happened is absolutely NO EXCUSE to start making up stuff. Any facts reported need to be verified, you can't just go on rumors and opinions. This is Journalism 101.
I agree 100% but we no longer have much true journalism it's mostly Sensationalism

Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 AM

51,816 posts, read 29,891,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The only thing at this point I rule out is terrorism, because if it was the group responsible would be shouting it out by now
Right now the only people I tend to listen to and believe are those who fly the Airbus A330, and most of them agree that it's nearly impossible for an aircraft that new to break apart from just the severe weather conditions it was going through.

what is known for sure is, a sequence of catastrophic events took place, where depressurization occurred, then all systems (electrical, computers, hydraulic, fuel, etc.) were subsequently lost, even the back-up ones, and that happened in rapid succession. That information was transmitted by the A330's computer systems, just before everything on it shutdown, and it didn't look like the flight crew even had a chance to operate the aircraft's APU (batteries) to restart everything, probably because it had already broken apart.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it collided with another aircraft that was operated by one of the drug cartels. We'll just have to wait and see what they recover from the Atlantic. The reason I mentioned the drug cartels is, if it collided with another commercial or private aircraft, we would have heard about another missing aircraft by now. The drug cartels of South America usually fly older aircraft, with pilots that are not IFR qualified.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Right now the only people I tend to listen to and believe are those who fly the Airbus A330, and most of them agree that it's nearly impossible for an aircraft that new to break apart from just the severe weather conditions it was going through.

what is known for sure is, a sequence of catastrophic events took place, where depressurization occurred, then all systems (electrical, computers, hydraulic, fuel, etc.) were subsequently lost, even the back-up ones, and that happened in rapid succession. That information was transmitted by the A330's computer systems, just before everything on it shutdown, and it didn't look like the flight crew even had a chance to operate the aircraft's APU (batteries) to restart everything, probably because it had already broken apart.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it collided with another aircraft that was operated by one of the drug cartels. We'll just have to wait and see what they recover from the Atlantic. The reason I mentioned the drug cartels is, if it collided with another commercial or private aircraft, we would have heard about another missing aircraft by now. The drug cartels of South America usually fly older aircraft, with pilots that are not IFR qualified.
That would not suprise me either, especially after the pilot flying from Peru as well as a passenger said they saw what looked like a flash of light and then a spiral downward
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or