U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 AM

87 posts, read 357,445 times

Advertisements

What is the best way to get from paris airport to the hotel? Should i order a car before hand or just grab a cab? any other suggestions?

if anyone used any type of service before, please let me know

thank you in advance,
Lenny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 09:28 AM

703 posts, read 2,625,104 times
Depending on which arrondissement that you're staying in, consider taking the Air France shuttle. It's a great bus shuttle service from the airport into the city. We took it the last time we traveled to Paris when we stayed in the 16th arrondissement. Very inexpensive, but very nice. These are those "luxury" travel buses. You can buy tickets at one of the designated counters or directly from the driver. I would personally avoid cabs because they WILL get very expensive EVEN before you get stuck in traffic.

Air France Bus

The Air France Bus is an express shuttle which runs between Roissy/CDG and the Arc de Triomphe (Place de l'Etoile, 17e arrondissement) or the nearby Porte Maillot. Hours of operation are 5:45 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., with departures every 15 minutes, and travel time is about 45 minutes. A one-way ticket costs €12 for adults, €6 for children (ages 2-11); round-trip tickets are €18. Groups of four or more enjoy a 15% discount. You can catch the bus at the following airport locations:
  • Aérogare/Terminal 1: exit door #34 on the arrivals level
  • Aérogare/Terminal 2: exit doors #A6, B6, C5, D6 on the arrivals level
  • Aérogare/Terminal 2F: exit door 0.07 on the arrivals level

Another express shuttle runs from Roissy/CDG to the Gare de Lyon (20 bis, boulevard Diderot, Paris 12e) and the Gare Montparnasse (rue du Commandant R. Mouchotte, Paris 14e). Hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., with departures every 30 minutes, and travel time is about 50 minutes. A one-way ticket costs €12 for adults, €6 for children (ages 2-11); round-trip tickets are €18. Groups enjoy a 15% discount. You can catch the bus at the following airport locations:
  • Aérogare/Terminal 1: exit door #34 on the arrivals level
  • Aérogare/Terminal 2F: exit doors #B2, C2, 0.07 on the arrivals level
More information here Airports of Paris - Orly, CDG (Charles de Gaulle)

Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM

87 posts, read 357,445 times
thank you, actually one of those buses stops across the street from my hotel.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,933,865 times
Don't take a cab--too expensive.
We were in Paris last month.
We took the Air France bus and everything was fine.
When we were going back home, we had to take a train from Rouen.
To get to the airport, we just did what we usually do, which is take the Metro.
It gets a little tricky finding the right track. But it's way cheaper than a cab.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:18 PM

5,705 posts, read 8,612,301 times
I usually take the metro, Paris has a pretty fine metro that connects both CDG and Orly to the city and it is ridiculously simple to use. Search for the Paris metro map on the internet it should list the stops... I know the Orly stop is on the RER, called "Antony". I can't recall the one at CDG since it's been a while, I usually use Orly to fly domestic within Europe.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:41 PM

48 posts, read 165,106 times
From Orly to Paris, public transportation. DON'T drive a car in Paris, any more than in London or Rome.
Google in your public trans. alternatives.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:56 PM

365 posts, read 1,131,103 times
Get a Paris Metro/RER map before you leave and check to see which train you can take from the airport into the city closest to your hotel. It's easy, and it's a fraction of the price of a cab or hired limo/van. Of course, this works best if you don't have a ton of luggage...

Old 06-13-2009, 04:57 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,933,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolL View Post
Of course, this works best if you don't have a ton of luggage...
Good point. We just have backpacks. I saw some people really struggling on the stairs with their gigantic wheelie bags.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:56 AM

339 posts, read 1,076,225 times
We ordered a car service through the agency that we rented a private apartment through (at their recommendation) but wished we hadn't. It was advertised at 80 euros, and when we arrived the rude, surly driver forgot all his english and demanded 100 euros (which he didn't get!). After that we would only use a regular metered taxi - I believe it's about half the price too.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:25 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,162,048 times
What is the best way to get from paris airport to the hotel? Should i order a car before hand or just grab a cab? any other suggestions?

To grab a cab in CDG is the most practical solution with luggage, but beware of the prices : it can get as high as 70 Euros (about 90 Bucks) depending on where you go to in Paris...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel