U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,142,499 times

Advertisements

OK, y'all, I really need your help...thoughts, prayers, whatever.

The Chinese gov't is really, really paranoid over this whole swine flu thing. You may have read where they have now quarantined the mayor of New Orleans because someone on the plane that he was on had flu-like symptoms.

Now, "flu-like symptoms" is really a broad description. What constitutes a "flu-like symptom"?? sniffles, sneezes, a fever of 99??

This is of great concern to me because, as most of you know, I am leaving for China on Tuesday (next week). By the time I get done travelling back and forth to where I am ultimately going, that will take up one week. I will actually only spend one week in my final destination. If I am quarantined, (for 7 days) that will destroy a trip that I has been in the planning stages for about 3 years!!

Looking for everyone to band together and pray over the entire airplanes from Atlanta to Beijing, that there would not be a sniffle nor a snort, not even a dry cough. Please start now and keep on praying until Wed (the 17th). Ani should be able to update and say that I got there ok and quarantine-less!!

Thanks to all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 07:56 PM

7,109 posts, read 9,751,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
OK, y'all, I really need your help...thoughts, prayers, whatever.

The Chinese gov't is really, really paranoid over this whole swine flu thing. You may have read where they have now quarantined the mayor of New Orleans because someone on the plane that he was on had flu-like symptoms.

Now, "flu-like symptoms" is really a broad description. What constitutes a "flu-like symptom"?? sniffles, sneezes, a fever of 99??

This is of great concern to me because, as most of you know, I am leaving for China on Tuesday (next week). By the time I get done travelling back and forth to where I am ultimately going, that will take up one week. I will actually only spend one week in my final destination. If I am quarantined, (for 7 days) that will destroy a trip that I has been in the planning stages for about 3 years!!

Looking for everyone to band together and pray over the entire airplanes from Atlanta to Beijing, that there would not be a sniffle nor a snort, not even a dry cough. Please start now and keep on praying until Wed (the 17th). Ani should be able to update and say that I got there ok and quarantine-less!!

Thanks to all!!
Don't mean to be funny: Did you purchase any type of trip insurance and what does it cover/protect you against??

Old 06-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Yes, have travel insurance. Not sure if it covers quarantines...as, let's face it...this was not a problem six months ago when the tickets were purchased. It would cover me if I were deported or if I was ill, but, really have to read the policy to see about quarantines.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Yes, have travel insurance. Not sure if it covers quarantines...as, let's face it...this was not a problem six months ago when the tickets were purchased. It would cover me if I were deported or if I was ill, but, really have to read the policy to see about quarantines.
CC check it out and explore if you can add a supplement. Doesn't cost more than a couple of phone calls to try.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 PM

If you have a black card from BOA or any other preferred account with a bank or credit card co. they have a special service # you can contact for this query.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
If you have a black card from BOA or any other preferred account with a bank or credit card co. they have a special service # you can contact for this query.
thanks. They've moved this thread, so, will have to look to keep up with it.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:39 AM

2,958 posts, read 11,367,691 times
Fingers crossed, good luck to ya.

The Chinese are an unpredictable lot. Things will either go without a hitch or.....not.

Take your chances. You live but once. Odds are on your side.

Good wishes, may the road rise up to meet you.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 AM

87 posts, read 357,585 times
when you land in china you will have to go through a tempreture reader, thats the first thing they determine...i would try not sneezing in the airport area as well until you are out of customs/baggage area....

Also, our hotel measured our tempreture in Beijing when we got there with some scanner, didnt do that in shanghai...i was there about a month ago...hope that helps

Old 06-10-2009, 09:37 AM

Oh, boy. That's an interesting piece of info to say the least.Fascinating.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny8000 View Post
when you land in china you will have to go through a tempreture reader, thats the first thing they determine...i would try not sneezing in the airport area as well until you are out of customs/baggage area....

Also, our hotel measured our tempreture in Beijing when we got there with some scanner, didnt do that in shanghai...i was there about a month ago...hope that helps
Thanks. With the WHO declaring the swine flu as a pandemic now, I expect some additional precautions to be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or