Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:02 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob swanson View Post
tvdxer seems to have the right idea. Could be on my trips a priorty was flexibility and being spontaneous. Rush and anxiety might have been caused by having a rental car and the hassle of driving. I found San Sebastian very crowded as many towns and cities are in Spain. If I weren't driving I might have had a different experience.
I wouldn't suggest driving in San Sebastian - it's an excellent town to get around in by foot. Very, very pleasant for walking. It's so beautiful you don't want to see it all fly by anyway!

Where a rental car might come in useful is if you wanted to explore the countryside and visit small towns. When I was in Spain I spent a day touring the Alpujarras (spelling) - going from Granada to Lanjaron to Pitres to Granada by bus. Needless to say, I wish I had a car - it'd have been nice to be able to stop other places en-route. But for Madrid, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Granada, etc., forget about the car except if you're going on an excursion. And even then (e.g. El Escorial from Madrid, etc.) consider taking a bus unless you're going to be traversing through the countryside or visiting small towns with irregular bus service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 797 times
Smile Barcelona

Among the [URL="http://www.citybaseapartments.com/spain/barcelona-apartments.php"]apartments in Barcelona[/URL],The Borne Vivo Apartments have the best focus of Barcelona on the gatestep.The Borne Vivo Apartments are set in a prime location in the hip Borne area, Close to the beach, La Ramblas and Santa Maria del Mar, with a wide range of restaurants, bars and nightclubs close by and some of the city's main attractions within walking distance, the apartments are ideal for those wanting to explore. Apartments in Barcelona offer bright, spacious accommodation suitable for up to four people complete with fully furnished kitchens, large bathrooms and modern furniture.
[URL="http://www.citybaseapartments.com/spain/barcelona-apartments.php"]Barcelona accommodation [/URL] provide lots of features.Air Conditioning Baby Cots are Available On Request (Additional charge) along with Central Heating. They have a Full Kitchen along with MicrowaveOven, Refrigerator With Freezer .In addition they provide Tea/Coffee Making Facilities , Ironing Facilities ,Washing Machine .
Apartment Types are Two Bedroom Apartment which is suitable for up to four people and comes equipped with four single beds. The Borne Vivo Apartments are situated in the beautiful Borne region of Barcelona, one of the most exclusive areas in the Old Town. On the gatestep are some of the best scenes of the city; the Picasso Museum, the stunning Gothic quarter and the labyrinthine Bari Gotico, an area riddled with boutiques, cocktail bars and fine restaurants. The apartments have amazing views of the Gothic church, Santa Maria del Mar and the Passeig del Borne. Other breathless spots in the city include the unfinished Sagrada Familia with its special architecture, the Magic Fountain of Montjuic and the many museums dotted throughout the city.
The city benefits from a comprehensive local public transport network which includes a metro system, buses, trams and several funiculars and aerial cable cars.
The main railway station, Barcelona Sants (also known as Estació de Sants) provide services to a wide range of destinations.Barcelona International Airport is approximately two miles from the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel