U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 AM

25,000 posts, read 23,908,277 times

Advertisements

Seriously!

USA: North Carolina Scuba Diving Sites - Dive Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylee926 View Post
Scuba diving in North Carolina????? I would research that one some more......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 01:08 PM

1,808 posts, read 5,868,655 times
I've never done it myself, but you can scuba around some of the ship wrecks off the coast.

I was curious, so I googled it and found this: Discovery Diving Co., Inc. - North Carolina Wreck Diving in the Graveyard of the Atlantic

Food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylee926 View Post
Scuba diving in North Carolina????? I would research that one some more......

Old 06-19-2009, 01:09 PM

1,808 posts, read 5,868,655 times
Guess I didn't get to the end of the thread before I posted. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post

Old 06-19-2009, 01:37 PM

363 posts, read 1,024,768 times
There is a lot of love here for North Carolina and Vegas. Guess I should seriously consider both.....

Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 AM

11,544 posts, read 25,996,985 times
If it were me I'd hop on a plane and go to Tulsa. Then I would rent a car and head for Grand Lake.
Once you get there, almost every thing you do will be fun, free or affordable. The most expensive places will be the Japanese Garden, lake cruise and Harbor Village - the world's largest antique museum. It is all under $10 per. You have mountains, Eureka Springs, War Eagle Mill, Pea Ridge National Civil War Battlefield, the World's longest multiple arch dam. Other than the battlefield the rest is free. You will spend more money on gas, motel and food than anything else. And you'll do it at a relaxed pace. There's a 40 acre state park on the lake, Take a lunch and enjoy nature or hike. Eureka Springs will get your money. Its a town built into the side of the mountain much like a Swiss village. It is a tourist trap, but it is loads of fun. And the food is pretty good too. The 100 old hotel often has dinner murder - mysteries where the diners participate. It's fun too. In this area you can stretch a dollar very nicely and have fun doing it. And you might even want to come back.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,465,442 times
Since your in TX, A weekend in Puerta Vallerts, MX. I orginally said a cruise, but there are really no weekend cruises out of Galveston, which would be the closest for you.

Diane G

Old 06-21-2009, 05:32 PM

1,975 posts, read 3,260,770 times
Cove Haven in the Poconos...book the Champagne Tower suite...comes with your own private swimming pool and a 7 foot tall champagne glass whirlpool tub. Plenty of activities on the resort or just spend the weekend in your suite

Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Cove Haven in the Poconos...book the Champagne Tower suite...comes with your own private swimming pool and a 7 foot tall champagne glass whirlpool tub. Plenty of activities on the resort or just spend the weekend in your suite
Those places always skeeved me. I really wonder how well they clean between guests. I really doubt they sanitize the tub and shock the pool.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:19 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,465,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Those places always skeeved me. I really wonder how well they clean between guests. I really doubt they sanitize the tub and shock the pool.
That place is also old, and a flight from TX to PA costs $. That place was there when I got married 33 years ago.

A closer place for them would be Gatlinburg, TN. It has chalets with pools etc, and more to do than the Pocanos.

They can also go to the Alabama coast if they want a beach vacation.

Diane G

Old 06-21-2009, 07:24 PM

10,234 posts, read 13,984,394 times
If this was two months earlier I would have suggested New Orleans. But it's probably uncomfortably hot by now. (Outside of that, I would even recommend it for a Xmas weekend.)

So. . . .

$1,000 can entertain you well in NYC for three days. I went there last Sept for 10 days with only a little over $500 and managed. However, I didn't see a show, go to a concert, take any of the cruises, or buy much of anything. But for three days you two could do a lot of these things.

Las Vegas is another one. San Francisco, too (although 3 days there would never be enough for me). Portland, OR, is a good place to visit during the summer (weather and so many events).

Or, if you like the coast, there's the Santa Cruz-Monterey-Big-Sur-San Simeon tour that would be an awesome experience for you. But, unless there's a tour coach that serves these areas together, you'd need to rent a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or