Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 10:34 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,712,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
This post started pre-COVID-19 but I think with the cruise industry, international travel and Canadian travel on hold you are going to see a wicked increased number of Americans traveling domestically this summer. which I think will increase the hotel prices a bit as demand should be higher than usual.
Consensus is that it's going to be the case. My part of the Florida panhandle is already getting July levels of tourist traffic even though May is traditionally a lull in terms of tourist volume. And the airlines seem to have 25-30% more flights into here than they did in 2019. Glad I have TSA Precheck because it's going to be a zoo flying out of Podunk Field this year because a planned terminal expansion doesn't go live until 2022.

We've got a couple fo summer trips that were literally booked within the week after getting Moderna #2 so at least we have flight and hotel nailed down- hopefully the rental cars we've reserved will exist when we get to the destination airport.

No interest in Europe this summer even if it is technically open- why go all the way to Paris only to discover local government has implemented a 6:00pm-6:00am curfew because of a local spike in cases?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 12:11 PM

4,835 posts, read 5,996,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Consensus is that it's going to be the case. My part of the Florida panhandle is already getting July levels of tourist traffic even though May is traditionally a lull in terms of tourist volume. And the airlines seem to have 25-30% more flights into here than they did in 2019. Glad I have TSA Precheck because it's going to be a zoo flying out of Podunk Field this year because a planned terminal expansion doesn't go live until 2022.

We've got a couple fo summer trips that were literally booked within the week after getting Moderna #2 so at least we have flight and hotel nailed down- hopefully the rental cars we've reserved will exist when we get to the destination airport.

No interest in Europe this summer even if it is technically open- why go all the way to Paris only to discover local government has implemented a 6:00pm-6:00am curfew because of a local spike in cases?
After Easter breaks had come and gone we have still yet to see a lull here on Amelia Island. Every weekend we have been packed with tourists and the Chamber of Commerce has said local lodgings here are booked through the end of August. It is great for the restaurants and hotels that suffered but for the locals it is overwhelming the amount of people visiting now and we are about to have 430 hotels rooms come online from new construction.

Domestic travel is going to be one for the record books this summer I think.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:55 PM

3,886 posts, read 3,472,544 times
Thank goodness I live in a beautiful area that's a bit off the normal tourist routes. We're 60 miles from Boston, in SW NH, but getting here is a bit of a challenge, so most of the Bostonians go straight north or up to Maine, both of which have interstate highways. We're two lane here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel