Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 PM

27,342 posts, read 27,395,534 times

Advertisements

Last I looked into trying Jet Blue they only had maybe 10 destinations in the whole US. And Phoenix to Ontario Calif wasnt one of them, if I recall correctly. But that was a few years back.....
Good news is, I just saw that they now have flights from L.A. to Seattle! And New Orleans. And Chicago. And Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 05:15 AM

83 posts, read 325,048 times
This could be a blast. I could do all kinds of travelling with it. Unfortunately, I've used up all my vacation time for now so I can't advantage of it. :-( Damn.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 AM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,369,692 times
The first thing I thought was if anyone had a month of vacation they could be jetting to a half dozen or so cities next month.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:20 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
I cannot find out what cities they fly to. I don't think they fly out of Atlanta.
They used to, but they only lasted here 6 months or so.

Atlanta was a huge flop for jetBlue.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:53 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
-" Travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights "--

that statement should cover their behinds when they tell you--"no, sorry "

Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 AM

702 posts, read 3,010,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
i'm skeptical, there has to be some catch. Perhaps the departure dates are restricted or even worse, you buy the pass and when you try to book they tell you the flights are all full. I bet it's all in the fine print.. if it's too good to be true, it probably is ;-)
The catch is that you have to travel between early Sept and early Oct. which is traditionally very slow months for travel. School will have just started and people will be back from vacations. So, those who can take advantage of this deal will be people who are independently wealthy with no jobs, retirees and some business folks. However, Jetblue has a stipulation of not flying from the same city within a few days which would eliminate business folks that fly in and out for meetings, etc. The most innovative thing is all the news coverage they have received and even if they did sell lots of seats, it will be good for Jetblue as the planes fly empty around those months anyway. I think it is a great marketing move on Jetblue's part. If I had the time, I would do it and mainly fly to the Caribbean where it usually costs a ton of money.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:25 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,431,255 times
One of my frineds is taking advantage of this. He booked trips from Phoenix to Bermuda, the Bahamas, and NJ.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:36 AM

776 posts, read 1,672,885 times
For $599 you can get at least 3 round trip flights in that month if flexible so on the surface it isn't that great a deal. But for lots of short trips tied in to see this great country it could work good. Just remember many times you will have to transfer through NYC to get to your final destination. On the west coast you can get around via Long Beach, though Denver is almost impossible to get into without going through NYC first. Fly through the new hub in Austin when traveling between FL and CA and take the red eye flying back east to save time and hotel nights. I would be tempted by this deal but have seen most of the places Jet Blue flies into with only Pittsburg and Buffalo/Rochester areas I have yet to fly into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel