Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times

Advertisements

where can I get free luggage tags?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 AM

87 posts, read 388,286 times
usually you can pick them up right at the counter when you are checking in/dropping off your luggage

Old 08-27-2009, 12:02 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,101,509 times
You can also get very low-cost luggage tags in any stationery store or stationery section of drugstores, variety stores, etc.

IMPORTANT POINT TO REMEMBER: Never ever ever include your home address or home phone number on your luggage tags. If you do, the professional thieves who work almost every airport in the world will know your home is ready to be robbed.

Just type or print your last name, first initial, and the name, address and phone number with area code of the hotel you're going to next. That way if your airline loses your luggage they'll get it to you where it will do you some good. And if thieves take your luggage and you don't have your home address inside your luggage, your home won't be compromised.

When I travel to more than one location per trip, before I leave home I just print little cards with my first initial, middle initial, last name, and different cards for each hotel, then on check-out morning I toss the tag for that hotel and insert the tag with the info for my next hotel.

Enjoy your travels!

Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
IMPORTANT POINT TO REMEMBER: Never ever ever include your home address or home phone number on your luggage tags. If you do, the professional thieves who work almost every airport in the world will know your home is ready to be robbed.

Just type or print your last name, first initial, and the name, address and phone number with area code of the hotel you're going to next

The thing is: some airline companies require the person writes his/her home address on the tag...

Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
You can also get very low-cost luggage tags in any stationery store or stationery section of drugstores, variety stores, etc.

Just type or print your last name, first initial, and the name, address and phone number with area code of the hotel you're going to next. That way if your airline loses your luggage they'll get it to you where it will do you some good. And if thieves take your luggage and you don't have your home address inside your luggage, your home won't be compromised.

When I travel to more than one location per trip, before I leave home I just print little cards with my first initial, middle initial, last name, and different cards for each hotel, then on check-out morning I toss the tag for that hotel and insert the tag with the info for my next hotel.

Enjoy your travels!

The problem with that approach is if your bag is lost for a while. You have come and gone from the hotel and they may or may not release all of the information to get your bag to your place.

I generally use my business address with my cell phone number. That way, if the bag is lost for a while, it ends up at work. Also, they have a number where they can contact me directly AND where I have voice mail.

In addition, I have a business card or two inside all of my bags to ensure that they have contact information should the luggage tag be removed from the bag.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:38 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
I encourage airlines to lose my luggage (I need a new suitcase). So I just use the cheepo tags at the check in counter.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
When you use a luggage tag, make sure your information isn't face up, or better yet get a luggage tag that is totally covered so someone need to open it too look at your information. The news a while back had a story on this scam that was happening to people. People would read the address on the tag and then go and rob their house.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
The thing is: some airline companies require the person writes his/her home address on the tag...
What airline is this? I've NEVER encountered that issue. I've got a business card in many our luggage tags.

Instead of your HOME number put your CELL PHONE NUMBER! Then it doesn't matter if your luggage is lost on your way out or coming home. They can always get ahold of you on that number.

I've got some bright colored luggage tags that I can easily see on the other side of the baggage carousel. The only portion you can see is the name. You have to take it off and pull out the rest of the card to see the address and phone number.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:47 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Compassionate Travel - luggage tag order form - World Society for the Protection of Animals (http://www.wspa-usa.org/pages/2758_luggage_tag_order_form.cfm - broken link)

For free, you can't go wrong...

Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Compassionate Travel - luggage tag order form - World Society for the Protection of Animals (http://www.wspa-usa.org/pages/2758_luggage_tag_order_form.cfm - broken link)

For free, you can't go wrong...
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel