Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:26 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times

Advertisements

Pink Sands resort-Harbour Island (Bahamas) - the island is 1/2 mile by 1 mile and its so tiny and quiet and quaint - with amazing beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 AM

7 posts, read 44,945 times
WOW! you guys have been to some really nice places. Wish I had the pictures of my trip to nashville. The hotel I stayed in was ok. Clean with a great pool and really nice people who had a sweet kitty. The best thing was how much there was to do. We went to music row and every attraction we could. The best place I visited was the grand old Opery hotel. What an amazing place. Would love to stay there some day.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:20 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,602 times
Bellagio in Lost Wages

Ocean View suite at the Waterfront Hilton Resort in Huntington Beach, CA

Kildrummy Castle Hotel in Scotland.

Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego - Hotel was really nice, but the room was so so. The beach was incredible.

Rennisance Wailea Beach resort on Maui for my honeymoon - Now time shares

Last edited by OC Investor2; 09-19-2009 at 02:28 AM..

Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,060 times
Two standouts for me were:

Hotel Monte Rosa, Zermatt

Hotel Sacher, Salzburg (formerly Österreichischer Hof)

Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,458,904 times
My two favorite hotel experiences, may not have been the most extravagant places in which I have stayed but have sentimental value.

Moana Surfrider in Waikiki is my favorite place on earth. I have stayed there a few times, but the first time was the most exciting b/c I was with my mom (and have since returned with her). Something about the pristine whiteness and the history and the aloha just resonates with me. I cannot explain it. I prefer Moana over Halekulani and Royal Hawaiian- the two nicest hotels in Waikiki.

The second is Princeville Hotel (soon to be St. Regis Princeville) here in Kauai. I stayed there right before it closed for renovations and will be staying there again in November. Even though the hotel was clearly in need of a renovation, the views and ambience of the hotel is unbeatable. Seriously, if I were to go on a honeymoon, I would go to this property, even though it is just a short drive from my house. It is such a special place, I cannot describe it. Plus, they have really nice bathrooms with this huge marble tubs, which I love.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ViOMPvKasnM/SB_-vEfmpYI/AAAAAAAAAKs/SjJqmwMWJ8E/s640/P1000497.jpg (broken link)
view from my room during one of the stays- Hanalei Bay

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ViOMPvKasnM/SK970IJiJWI/AAAAAAAABEw/RzRNqK7nRhw/s640/Mom%20vist%20100.JPG (broken link)
sunset at dinner

Old 09-21-2009, 06:12 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
For me, a hotel is a hotel. I dont stay at those expensive resorts.
However, after seeing the pics my daughter took of her cruise last week, I wanna stay in one of those crusie ship's rooms, even the' low-budget' ones look awesome!
Actually though, the best vacation I had was (believe it or not) in WI. So much green, so much prarie land, pastures, so much country, so breath taking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel