U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 11:05 PM

41 posts, read 229,006 times

Advertisements

Miami International is still hellish. Its a nightmare when you are connecting coming from the carribean.

JFK and LGA in NYC is pretty good.

I am loving the new airport RSW is Fort Myers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 12:20 AM

1,048 posts, read 3,985,336 times
Biased here since I am in Colorado. But Denver is the best one. I been to a fair share of them in the USA.

LAX and SFO were the worst. SFO added a train and BART to the airport, so it is much better than what they had before. SFO still, however, has a really bad layout over all.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:16 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,316,275 times
I'll be flying later this week. Airports I'll encounter are DFW, Charlotte, and Newark. I've been to all those airports before, but I haven't been to Charlotte's in a while.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:27 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,316,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I'll be flying later this week. Airports I'll encounter are DFW, Charlotte, and Newark. I've been to all those airports before, but I haven't been to Charlotte's in a while.
I just had a horrible experience at DFW Airport today. Thanks to the past couple days' weather and US (sc)Airways' incompetence, my vacation to NJ got canceled.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 PM

26,346 posts, read 82,977,020 times
Any airport that offers FREE wireless internet is good, (Colorado Springs, Huntsville, AL). The irony is the airports that you are most likely to have to hang around in for a layover (Chicago Ohare, Dallas) have for-fee internet. Nobody sits around in COS and HSV waiting for a plane.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:28 PM

20,846 posts, read 35,937,611 times
DFW is a good airport because of the layout.
O'Hare is not too complicated to navigate, but I hear that they want to expand the airport.
KC has a good airport layout, but all the terminal buildings make you feel like you are walking in a cave. The lighting is absolutely terrible!
Denver has a huge airport in terms of overall size, but is somewhat isolated from the rest of the metro. Another problem is the snowstorms that the airport experiences and how they handle them.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:21 PM

3,098 posts, read 8,348,424 times
There was one poster who preferred smaller airports...I do too. I have to either drive 3-6 hours to get to a major airport or fly out the small airport here. And the one HERE is so nice. It only has 8 gates. But the greatest features: Full wireless access in the airport and it has rocking chairs for people to sit in while they wait at the baggage claim. True southern airport. Liz

Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM

2,031 posts, read 6,139,301 times
Reagan Washington Airport is one of the easiest airports to access. A Metro train goes right to it, they have improved the parking mess there with convenient shuttles. Orlando also has a nice airport, with a large atrium lobby/hotel/food court and very easy to find rental cars, Disney, etc. Atlanta's airport is also easy to get around, despite its hugeness. I wish they would have more signage when you get off the plane to tell you where you are walking. LAX is too big and confusing, as is JFK/Chicago. Newark is pretty plain for a NYC area airport but its easy to get around. Phoenix needs more
moving sidewalks. John Wayne in Orange County is a small alternative to LAX, there is just too much walking. Seattle needs some work. Montreal needs to figure out if they have an airport or a shopping mall and they should stop trying to confuse the Americans on connnecting flights. Calgary needs to get rid of the Cowboys who greet you in baggage claim--very strange! Torontos' airport looks like a federal prison, they put you in glass enclosed waiting rooms. Pittsburgh should decide if they want to rent out part of the airport, since US Air has ended their hub. What was up with those rocking chairs at the Charlotte airport? Mayberry? I could never understand why Raleigh needed such a big airport when none ever goes there, as like Richmond.
New Orleans airport has the most "life" with food court that serves New Orleans cajun, creole food, its just out in a swamp. SFO is laid back, a gal checked in front of me had been smoking pot, but what the heck, we're in California! In DC, the swat team would be called out or "Homeland Security"-
Good Luck to everyone who travels these days!!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:40 AM

3,098 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Quote:
What was up with those rocking chairs at the Charlotte airport? Mayberry?
No, southern hospitality...have you tried sitting in one to relax? Liz

Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 PM

2,031 posts, read 6,139,301 times
Default The South

I could never relax in one of those contraptions. I would always be looking over my shoulder to see who I have rocked into. I guess rocking chairs are like ice cream cones in the south, we lick them and lap up the ice cream like dogs. In the rest of the world, they don't lick ice cream cones, they use their lips. Maybe at the Charlotte airport, rocking chairs and licking ice cream cones is all the rage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or