U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM

2,064 posts, read 6,018,669 times

Advertisements

Detroit is a great airport. Lots of good restaurants and shopping. They've got giant TV screens (like 15ft across) every so often with rows of seats and speakers at each row. I've only had layovers there, but it is very modern and comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 PM

823 posts, read 1,992,218 times
I really like Newark. I may have a different opinion if I used it as a connection airport since unless you are connecting within Terminal C you will most likely need to go through security again. However, as a terminal airport it is nice. It is very well laid out. Going through customs is much quicker and nicer than JFK and having the train now makes it easy to get to Manhattan and many parts of NJ. Also, if you are in Terminal A or B the pod set up they have makes security less chaotic.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:05 PM

859 posts, read 3,065,986 times
I have used Newark most of my life and never really liked it.

I think I am the only one in the thread who LOVES Philly airport. I have so much less drama there than at Newark. The busing...the curbside check in...lots of food.

I think Miami is the worst. The last time I was there was 2006 winter and I couldn't beliee how old it was for such a popular destination. The bathrooms looked like something from the 70s and there was no place to eat.

Wasn't impressed with Vegas' airport either. Weird lay out, slow people.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:40 PM

18 posts, read 71,122 times
Default best airport

just flew back to U.K enroute to Ireland using 0`Hare Chicago,Term 5 International----so-so easy,checking bags through to final destination
staff a dream

Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 AM

20 posts, read 49,085 times
My favorite airport is DIA in Denver. I love just how big and spread out it is.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:13 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,464,035 times
Atlanta

Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,583,824 times
I love Denver. They did the right thing by taking a big chunk of land and designing it perfectly. Everything is intuitive and easy to get around.

Detroit is my other favorite. Another intuitive easy to get around airport, modern and clean.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 AM

4,836 posts, read 10,193,047 times
DC national is fantastic, in the city, never too busy just great.
For a large international connecting airport Miami is great due to how close it is to the city and now it is basiclly a brand new airport.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:41 AM

367 posts, read 953,397 times
I'm fortunate to get to travel a lot with my job, I average around 65 flights a year. This means convenience and efficiency are important to me.

Good airports:
Burbank (since it is so small, almost never any lines)
Salt Lake City - just cross the street to the rental cars, no gas station nearby is only downside.
Seattle - great restaurants and lounge area, some rental cars on site.
Portland - very nice terminal areas
Chicago Midway - small and very busy yet plenty of amenities. Luggage is slow to get to the belt however.
Minneapolis Humphrey terminal - small, convenient and efficient. Lindberg is a little too big.
Ft Lauderdale - easy access!

Not my favs:
Kansas City - Horrible layout. There's not even restrooms inside security. Slowest rental car shuttle ever even if the rental car facility is nice.
Oakland - Getting better, but somehow there's always a bottleneck. Rental car shuttles a pain.
Denver - beautiful airport and terminals, but placed in Kansas. Or so it feels like. Since it is out in the middle of nowhere and sprawling over thousands of acres, how could they not fit a rental car garge at the airport??
SFO - really confusing to get from baggage claim to rental car train. Not a time saver airport for sure.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:54 PM

78 posts, read 202,452 times
DFW is good. I really like IAH Houston Airport for the setup. I think it's especially great as a point of entry from International flights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or