U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:20 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,475,903 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for vacation ideas. My thoughts are that we drive one day (3-7 hours) to a family & kid friendly vacation spot. We would stay 2-3 days and drive back to Central NJ. Mid week works for us too.

So far our family (toddlers) have enjoyed a beach house at the Jersey Shore and few days at Dutch Wonderland in PA. If you have gone this route, please share your vacation expereinces with me. Kids & cars & things to do once you get there can take a little planning & I sure can use any suggestions you have.

I was considering Williamsburg VA ? I thought it has History plus a Theme Park. ?? Have you been there & could you recommend a decent Hotel (w/pool)

Also, Ocean City Maryland. Been there once, nice clean beaches etc. Plus we would get to take the Cape May ferry over the ocean. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 06:56 PM

54 posts, read 177,028 times
Cape May is pretty and seems to have a good amount of things to do.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 PM

6,489 posts, read 16,164,190 times
If you like Ocean City, MD and Williamsburg, VA then why don't you go with Virginia Beach, VA? It has a boardwalk, lots of hotels similar to Ocean City and is close enough that you can take a 1-hour side-trip up to Williamsburg to see Colonial W-brg, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown Victory Center, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA. Also close to Virginia Beach is Norfolk, which is a charming port city with lots of museums, arts, a good AAA baseball team, and you can take a tour of the largest navy base in the world. Also from Norfolk you can take a steamboat replica ferry to Portsmouth and explore Olde Towne which has some good restaurants, old colonial houses, and some sports and childrens' museums.

Virginia Beach is about 6 hours from Central Jersey via NJ Turnpike, U.S. 13, and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. You could take the Cape May Ferry, but that would increase the length of trip.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:58 PM

357 posts, read 1,699,607 times
how about a week in a posh nyc hotel?

Old 05-12-2007, 06:32 PM

1,508 posts, read 5,475,903 times
Default N/g

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandeco View Post
how about a week in a posh nyc hotel?
No. I don't think so. Posh NYC Hotel? LOL Yeah right, with 2 toddlers??

But if you're paying, I'm game.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,000,946 times
New England is really cool..............since you've done the south thing before, check out the north. Hampton Beach in New Hampshire has rides. But you also get all the New England touches- good seafood, cheap lobstser, mountains, quaint villages.

Rhode Island has lovely beaches and the Newport area is beautiful and historic.

Boston is full of culture and lots to do.

And it's only a 6-7 hour drive from Central NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or