U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-29-2009, 12:56 AM

21 posts, read 83,436 times
Default All inclusive resorts in Jamaica with teenagers

I am planning a spring break vacation to Jamaica with 2 teenagers. I have booked a trip thru Beaches in Ochos Rios but am having second thoughts about this location. I have been researching it and it seems as though its heavily geared toward small children (beaches resorts). Im pretty well set that I want to go to Negril anyway and am planning on cancelling my reservation - does anyone have any suggestions on a cool all inclusive resort that is geared toward teens and not little ones!? Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 03:23 AM

5,111 posts, read 5,935,124 times
Beaches are involved with Sesame Street but it's not like there's going to be Disney characters all over the walls and childrens music playing all over the resort. There's no reason why a teenager wouldn't have fun at a resort which accomidates small children, they just wouldn't get involved with stuff for kids.

I think Beaches are just marketing themselves as a "family" resort, suitable for ALL ages. Their current slogan is even "resorts for everyone". Furthermore, (on the UK website), they have a whole page dedicated to info about all kinds of stuff they offer to teenagers. Teens can enjoy a lot of adult activities like the watersports they offer, plus they have a "teens only beach shack". They have an XBOX Game Garage. They can learn about DJing and there's a teen nightclub! Honestly, I can't think of another resort that will offer this much stuff geared towards teens! So I'm not sure why you think your teens won't have fun there or why it's not also geared towards teens. You're not going to find a resort that is geared ONLY towards teens and not also to small children. Most family resorts will try to accomidate families with kids and teens of all ages, not just kids of one age group.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM

21 posts, read 83,436 times
Very true! I appreciate your thoughts. It definately gave me another angle to look at it at.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 AM

91 posts, read 144,904 times
The Grand Pineapple It is a sandels affiliate but not ostentacious like all of the other Sandels resorts. It actually has one of the best beaches in Negril.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 AM

721 posts, read 1,414,216 times
Default Jamaica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriRN View Post
I am planning a spring break vacation to Jamaica with 2 teenagers. I have booked a trip thru Beaches in Ochos Rios but am having second thoughts about this location. I have been researching it and it seems as though its heavily geared toward small children (beaches resorts). Im pretty well set that I want to go to Negril anyway and am planning on cancelling my reservation - does anyone have any suggestions on a cool all inclusive resort that is geared toward teens and not little ones!? Please help!
Normally I recommend people stay at a smaller hotel and not go AI but with teenagers its nice not having to worry about where to go for dinner, paying for dinner, etc. Nice just to have everything already paid for.

That said no resorts are really geared towards teens but I take it you want one not geared towards couples or families with young children.

RIU is one that comes to midn that fits what your looking for. The one downside about RIU is its kind of isolated from the rest of the hotels on 7 mile beach but that may be the best fit. I believe they claim to be 5 star, probably not what you expect of a 5 star but it is nice.

My fav hotel in Negril is CoCO La Palm. Check out some reviews on trip advisor nad their site. AI may be better for your situation but I cant say enough about how great this hotel is and affordable, summertimes like 65 per night.

I dont think this is what your looking for since you were considering beaches which is really pricy but there are also some sort of budget AI's on the center of the beach whcih are cheaper, nice but not beaches if thats what your looking for. Two that come to mind is Legends and Rhondel Village.

Jamaica Blog is a good travel blog. ALso check out trip advisor or negril one stp.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 AM

211 posts, read 363,871 times
I stayed at this resort and it's nice. The pool is small but it's nice and has volleyball. it does have a swim up bar (drinks and pop) and the kids would enjoy that. the beach is right down the steps from the pool and they have all the beach activities. there's a outdoor stage, but we we're there for a wedding, and we didn't get to see the entertainment there. there's a little cook shack on the beach that's open late and of course the main resturant for meals, along with other little places to eat. hammocks throughout the property to just chill on. this was a couple years ago, so things can change, but I liked it.
and I would agree the all -incl. is awesome, exp. with kids, then you don't have to worry about giving them money and they can go get a snack anytime.
have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel