U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM

13,104 posts, read 24,880,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
Thanks for the info. Perhaps ill have to try something else.

G Man
It more then likely is random but why take the chance but then again this past summer at Budget at the Denver airport it took forever for the line to move...maybe they were checking everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,560,598 times
I reserved the car with my CC and its already paid for. However, i called and changed the name of the rental to the person that is going with me. I am assuming as long as they show a CC too we should be fine even though the original payment was by my card.

G Man

Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I reserved the car with my CC and its already paid for. However, i called and changed the name of the rental to the person that is going with me. I am assuming as long as they show a CC too we should be fine even though the original payment was by my card.

G Man

Yes they will have to produce a cc if the rental is in their name. Are you sure they charged your card? I always book the car when I book my flights but they never charge my card until pick up.....

Whatever you do if this has been planned for awhile and it's over the holidays do not cancel & rebook because the rates are out of control right now.

DIL waited to book her car for Palm Bch over Christmas and with taxes & fees on a full size car she was over $700 for the week.
I booked my car for the same time back in July for San Diego..full size..satelite radio & navigation $23.50 a day

Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Yes they will have to produce a cc if the rental is in their name. Are you sure they charged your card? I always book the car when I book my flights but they never charge my card until pick up.....

Whatever you do if this has been planned for awhile and it's over the holidays do not cancel & rebook because the rates are out of control right now.

DIL waited to book her car for Palm Bch over Christmas and with taxes & fees on a full size car she was over $700 for the week.
I booked my car for the same time back in July for San Diego..full size..satelite radio & navigation $23.50 a day
I booked flights, car, and hotel all as package through Orbitz and it charged me the full amount so as far as i know its paid for. I know what you mean about not being charged for the car until you get there, thats the way it usually works but appearantly not in this situation. Anyhow, i know the rates are bad, thats why i jumped on this deal when i did.

G Man

Old 12-08-2009, 03:42 PM

274 posts, read 764,174 times
gman, I do know some do. My suggestion is to call the agencies that you think you'll be renting from beforehand, call the actual location and get the info that way there will be no surprises for you. Also, if you are able to rent be extremely careful in your travels and obey all the rules.

Hope you get your legal stuff straight. Be careful, be safe.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I booked flights, car, and hotel all as package through Orbitz and it charged me the full amount so as far as i know its paid for. I know what you mean about not being charged for the car until you get there, thats the way it usually works but appearantly not in this situation. Anyhow, i know the rates are bad, thats why i jumped on this deal when i did.

G Man
yes then it's all paid for..enjoy your get away

Old 12-09-2009, 08:56 AM

Ok, i think i'm good then. Kinda sucks i have to worry about this for the next 3 years, especially because i travel a lot, and sometimes alone, even for work when renting a car is a must.

G Man

Old 12-09-2009, 11:12 AM

4,919 posts, read 19,850,813 times
Quote:
Without going into to much detail, by the time i go to get my car, my license will be suspended. Do they run a background check? Will they be able to see this or will i be able to pick up the car without a problem?
They will not rent to you if your license is suspended. All rental car companies use TML and will know your license is suspended or revoked. Rental companies can also have TMI warn them of things like DUI convictions since they can deny you rental for that.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:50 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,521,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
They will not rent to you if your license is suspended. All rental car companies use TML and will know your license is suspended or revoked. Rental companies can also have TMI warn them of things like DUI convictions since they can deny you rental for that.
Yeah I cannot imagine that in this day and age they won't run your license. As fast as it can be done nowadays they probably do it without you even knowing it.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM

5,677 posts, read 8,592,236 times
your credit is not checked when you rent a car! you just need to produce a credit card, your credit history is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or