Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
What was the worst thing that has ever happened to you while traveling? I'm curious
almost hitting a 4 deep wall of cows with a vw bug in idaho at 4am.
that was easy.
next question.
stephen s
san diego ca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 01:39 PM

70 posts, read 379,198 times
Drove to Wally World & it was closed.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:49 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
LOL!

Great movie

Old 10-09-2007, 04:04 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Steppin off the train in Metz France in 1964 and seeing the entire platform lined with French Army with Thompson Sub Machines over their shoulders......

Old 10-09-2007, 04:11 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Being harrased by the creatins in Ocho Rios, Jamaica outside the cruise terminal. The Jamaican Police have a station right in the middle of the road there and they don't do a thing to keep these S++MBAGS away from the travelers. I will never go back to that country again just on principal alone.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:07 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
What was the worst thing that has ever happened to you while traveling? I'm curious
Being taken to the hospital in rural southwestern France suffering from alcohol poisoning. What an 18th birthday THAT was.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:49 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Driving from Southern Idaho to Kalispell MT, should have been a 10 hr. drive that took us 2 1/2 days. It was during Thanksgiving time. The roads were solid ice, fog so dense you could not see the front of the car. You know you are in bad weather when you are passing police cars and snow plows off the side of the road stuck! They shut down the Monida Pass. We had to backtrack to Idaho Falls once we realized the pass was closed and while trying to find a motel we slid straight through a red light in an intersection. Very scary trip!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:21 PM

15 posts, read 47,714 times
My worst ever was a plane trip between Houston and Oakland sandwiched between this enormous Hispanic woman who smelt of garlic and BO and an 8 yr old playing Nintendo with the volume all the way up. It took several tiny bottles of airline vodka to make that day pass.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:59 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
I contracted a virus on my honeymoon (cruise) to Mexico in 2004... I never drank the water, never ate the food in the country. Came back was sick as a dog,, 3 years later still sick!!! Found whatever virus I contracted firstly distroyed my inner ear so I will now have chronic vertigo that I've had to go to physical therapy for 3 times and it cannot be cured. It also created a glitch in my autonomic system (controls heart rate, breathing, all functions in organs , pretty much functions in your body you can't control) so I have no devoloped dysautonomia.. My blood pressure rapidly drops sometimes as low as 59/32 I've develop sores on my head and mouth, I have to now wear compression stockings. I can no longer work I lost my job at the state attorneys office after i came back and was so sick I couldn't get out of bed for 3 months.. The list goes on.. Long and short, its not cureable.. so its an every lasting "memory" of my honeymoon....... And I'll never ever ever go back to mexico as long as I live.. I hate that country now.. but can ya blame me

second one (post 9/11) I was in Manchest in NH about to board my plane.. I'm terrified of fly terrified! Two security guards and police running FULL SPEED to our gate saying "hold the plane hold the plane don't let anyone get off there's been a breech of security!!" Firstly not professional... secondly I think i slightly peed myself.... They never told us what happen but delayed our flight 3 hours. They refrisked eveyone getting off and going on.... I vowed to never fly again.

Last edited by Tarastomsgirl; 10-14-2007 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-16-2007, 12:42 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,864,315 times
Staying in a transient hotel on the west side of Milwaukee during Summerfest. It looked nice on the internet...it was so gross! We drank at Summerfest and were forced to stay there for 1 night. We laid on the bed fully clothed and only used the toilet and sink. We didn't take showers the next morning because the bathroom was so gross. We hit the road and drove the 100 miles home. There were crack addicts hanging out in front of the place and some crazy eyed woman startng swearing at us when we walked up to the entrance. I've stayed in some kinda crappy places before, but nothing like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel