U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 AM

24 posts, read 50,456 times

Advertisements

yes i am in the habit of carrying a change purse and cell phone inside my bra cup. its just convient and so easy to get at when i need to pay for something or talk on the phone. i will say that one time i was in las vegas i had quite a sum of cash on me and my friends called me lumpy all week long. enough things in your bra will show through espically on a hot day when im wearing a tight fitting tank top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 AM

24 posts, read 50,456 times
im going to las vegas next week for a week. its a once a year thing with us girls. we like the neon and night life. my change purse credit card cell phone and even a small camera go inside the bra. its something i do out of habit. the only drawback if i wear a tight fitting jersey the corner of whats in there will show through a bit. nothing i can do about that. last time i was there i won quite a sum of money. i got teased by all the girls i was there with. they called my lumpy all week long. i guess i did have that look.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:49 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,231,932 times
Take along a fairly well-worn pair of tennies, that you can get a lot of use from and use as your basic walking shoes. Before you go, pull out the tongue, and put a slit near the bottom of it. Roll up a few $100 bills, put them in a tiny plastic bag, and push them up into the slit, between the two outer layers of the tongue. Then put the tongue back in and lace them up. Nobody will steal your shabby shoes, nor ever find the money if they examine them.

It is highly unlikely that you will ever need the money in your emergency cache, but if you do need it, you REALLY need it. Two or three hundred is enough to get you through any emergency until you can have access to more funds, and even if you lose it, it's a pretty small fraction of what you'll need to budget for a trip.

But really, there is no substitute for a proper money belt, which fits around your waist under your clothing, and is pretty foolproof.

-----------

There is a town on the Colombia border, coming from Venezuela, where the customs officer actually handed out little strap pouches that fit around your ankle under your sock, and recommended that people hide their money in there. He didn't mind giving them away, because his friends returned them to him after stealing them from passengers, along with the contents. He got away with that for years.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-03-2011 at 04:01 PM..

Old 06-03-2011, 04:43 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,253,117 times
after my DD's there aint much room for anything else in my bra

Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,140,769 times
Haha! Funny! I just posted a similar topic about bra wallets! I'm dead serious they exist!! But I personally wouldn't use one. The only things I want in my bra are my breasties! LOL! Anyways, I just use and over the shoulder bag and use basic self-defense moves.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:41 AM

2,065 posts, read 4,177,972 times
My experience/opinion: the more you show people you are a tourist, the more likely you are to get robbed, without even noticing it.

Act naturally - in most countries (except if you want to vacation at an extremely dangerous place, then again, who would like that) - just as if you were at home (take a purse, not too much cash, make sure you have copies of documents/ccards, make sure you know who to call in case you have an emergency) and use good sense (do we still have to say "do not get distracted by children begging while their older siblings pickpocket"/ "do not take a camera that weighs more than 5 pounds"? oh please...)

And I always carry some antibacterial lotion with me, money is just filthy!

Old 06-04-2011, 12:52 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,231,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
No bra for me.
I use my purse.
Wait a minute. You mean for money, right?

Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
For those that take precautions to hide money, credit cards. Do you also leave your wedding/engagement rings at home? I always bring mine, even to places most wouldn't, and have never had a problem. But, I keep mine on 24/7 and don't take them off, even to go swimming. A friend of mine bought a fake ring for travel, and I reminded her that only she knows it's fake, and if she's worried about the bodily harm that can happen when they attempt to take that ring, well a fake one won't stop it.
I don't generally travel with my rings because they are a bit snug after a long airline flight.....

Most of the good stuff stays at home , in the safe. I have a bunch of travel jewelry - shells and non precious stones, beads. Alot of the places we go, I don't want to flash our "wealth" (but local standards, not US) out of consideration and respect not because of fear of robbery

Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM

221 posts, read 1,023,402 times
When I was in my early 20s I was travelling in Chicago - with about $80 in bills in my bra (which was a huge amount of money to me at the time.) I went to the Museum of Science and Industry, which is always crowded, and walked down an interior stairway in a crowd of people. I suddenly felt the money fall out of my bra, but couldn't stop moving due to the crowd of people swarming downstairs. I fought to back up and go up the stairs again, but couldn't see anything. I never did find my cash. To this day I believe it was the museum guard standing on the stairway who snatched up my money, because of the look she gave me. But that experience taught me - no loose money in the bra!

Old 06-07-2011, 03:06 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,634,432 times
If you stuff your bra with cash, when you go through airport screening and get felt up by the TSA, make sure you have your money when you come out the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel