U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:31 PM

16 posts, read 16,207 times

Advertisements

First off, I know almost everyone says they hate chain restaurants and say they always eat at family owned spots when they travel. But just for the sake of argument, lets say the only option is the chain restaurant off the Interstate when you travel by car.

What chain restaurants do you like to eat at when you travel?

Just to start the conversation, my favorite is Cracker Barrel. It is always very expensive, good service, consistent and very inexpensive. I get a kick out of the people at Cracker Barrels, where ever we go to one as we travel cross country, the customers all look the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 02:15 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,101,384 times
I like California Pizza Kitchen but I just like that restaurant anyway- it's my favorite

Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 PM

15,847 posts, read 30,353,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Worker View Post
First off, I know almost everyone says they hate chain restaurants and say they always eat at family owned spots when they travel. But just for the sake of argument, lets say the only option is the chain restaurant off the Interstate when you travel by car.

What chain restaurants do you like to eat at when you travel?

Just to start the conversation, my favorite is Cracker Barrel. It is always very expensive, good service, consistent and very inexpensive. I get a kick out of the people at Cracker Barrels, where ever we go to one as we travel cross country, the customers all look the same.
We'll eat at Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, Sirloin Stockade or McDonalds if there are no other choices. Anything with a salad bar (iceburg lettuce) and a slab 'o meat is good enough for me. McDonalds are good for breakfast and lunch on the cheap and quick while traveling. I'm a real sucker for their cheeseburgers. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 PM

125 posts, read 443,666 times
Cracker Barrel for a quick sit-down meal. McDonald's/Wendy's seem to be the most consistent fast-food wise. And I wouldn't touch a buffet restaurant with a 10 foot pole, I'd rather have fast food than that! Jut one of those idiosyncrasies, I suppose.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:31 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,788,408 times
When I was last at a buffet, it was a Ryan's Steakhouse and they make their rolls fresh and you can watch them do it. Anyway, there was a rather large guy kneeding the dough on the table and a drop or two of sweat fell from his hair, into the dough. I SWEAR!!! We left. I would rather not see what goes on. LOL

Cracker Barrel is a good meal usually. Something about McDonald's makes me bloated as hell. Wendy's is the best for a fast food stop and something like Olive Garden or Red Lobster for a nice sit down.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 PM

125 posts, read 443,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
When I was last at a buffet, it was a Ryan's Steakhouse and they make their rolls fresh and you can watch them do it. Anyway, there was a rather large guy kneeding the dough on the table and a drop or two of sweat fell from his hair, into the dough. I SWEAR!!! We left. I would rather not see what goes on. LOL
Totally me. I know what happens, I'd just rather not have to see it.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 PM

10,234 posts, read 13,982,771 times
Inn-N-Out in California. We always pull over to stay in Redding, so we drive to the Inn-N-Out that is oddly NOWHERE near the Interstate.

And if there's one near where we're vacationing, chances are we'll go there, too.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:09 PM

58 posts, read 131,166 times
McDonalds only for breakfast, then Skyline Chili!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:01 AM

9,830 posts, read 19,573,582 times
LOL! I guess others have the Cracker Barrel idea. Cracker Barrel is always very reliable for a decent meal. I like their biscuits, sweet tea and grilled chicken tenderloins.

Outback is also another good stand by. I've probably eaten at Outback a couple hundred times.

Chick-Fil-A is good for quick meals.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:11 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,560,975 times
In and Out Burger is the best fast food on the planet, but sadly thats a west coast thing.

So when road tripping out this way, if we are looking for a cheap and quick stop, we always look for a Wendys. You can get a couple burgers and fries for 3 bucks and its decent quality, much better than the other places, McDonalds and BK, IMO.

G Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel