U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,109 times

Advertisements

i have one week for a chartered yacht vacation with 3 other friends. I am looking for the most interesting and beautiful place to yacht in the US. we are flexible on time of the year - just need some ideas for where to go for a week.

undecided whether the trip will be on a chartered sail boat or a motor boat, so recommendations for either would be appreciated!

nan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 12:33 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,188,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nshultz View Post
i have one week for a chartered yacht vacation with 3 other friends. I am looking for the most interesting and beautiful place to yacht in the US. we are flexible on time of the year - just need some ideas for where to go for a week.

undecided whether the trip will be on a chartered sail boat or a motor boat, so recommendations for either would be appreciated!

nan
A week on a chartered Yacht thats some serious money.

Anyway the only place I can think of is Southeast Florida and the Bahamas. Start in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale maybe go to Key West and an island in the Bahamas or two. Great place, great fishing good food, perfect water. Go in mid spring where the water warms up but not so warm that the thunderstorms start coming.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:10 PM

13,382 posts, read 40,919,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
A week on a chartered Yacht thats some serious money.

Anyway the only place I can think of is Southeast Florida and the Bahamas. Start in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale maybe go to Key West and an island in the Bahamas or two. Great place, great fishing good food, perfect water. Go in mid spring where the water warms up but not so warm that the thunderstorms start coming.
Agree, serious money, and I agree that if it must be in the US, start in Miami.
We chartered a catamaran back in January 2001. We spent 9 days going all through the British Virgin Islands. The water was like a bath tub, the snorkeling and scuba incredible.
We used a broker to find the yacht and crew.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,124,976 times
I believe the Chesapeake Bay would be a great place in late-spring or early-summer. The winds usually abate in late summer so the sailing wouldn't be as good. I think there are some charter operations out of Annapolis, MD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or