U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,315 times

Advertisements

Hey All-

I Travel alot but usually not from the same air carrier. The Most Miles I do Have is from Delta about 22,000 miles. Please Help!! I need to Know about the credit cards that offer frequent flyer miles. I never had a credit card to earn miles. How does it work? I have read with your first purchase the airline gives you 15,000 miles???? Do you have to spend alot of money to receive these miles? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 AM

32,060 posts, read 32,962,795 times
As Delta Airlines frequent flyer member, you should receive periodically credit card offers (via Delta) that offer miles with each purchase as well a large bonus amount on your first purchase. I would suggest that you check the Delta website for more information.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 AM

4,836 posts, read 10,184,676 times
You get a credit card which the airline sponsors every dollar you spend you get a mile, sometimes depending on what you buy where you go you get more then one mile per dollar. I would suggest you start flying with one airline, it really makes getting miles easier and with miles come rewards such as free tickets, first class upgrade etc.. If you fly often about 25,000 miles a year or 25 flights a year (for example. MIA-ATL-MSP would be 2 flights) you can earn status on that airline which gives you perks others do not get like exit row seats, free first class upgrades etc... It really is worth spending $30 more and not flying Southwest or the cheapest airline. I try to fly the same airline as much as possible some times the price gets a bit high and it not worth it but 90% of the time it worth the extra money.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 AM

14,258 posts, read 23,979,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlikefire View Post
I Travel alot but usually not from the same air carrier. The Most Miles I do Have is from Delta about 22,000 miles. Please Help!! I need to Know about the credit cards that offer frequent flyer miles. I never had a credit card to earn miles. How does it work? I have read with your first purchase the airline gives you 15,000 miles???? Do you have to spend alot of money to receive these miles? Thank you
I quit playing the "frequent flyer" game. You get the miles and the airline does everything to keep you from using them.

To get the rest of the points, go onto the Delta website and look at all the partners and see what points you can get. Usually credit card deals will give you the miles pretty quickly.

One more thing. You NEED to keep all your miles CURRENT. Many frequent flyer programs require that you have activity every eighteen months. If YOU forget, you lose all your miles. In the past, the airlines would restore the miles with a call. Not so now,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel