U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,595,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack777 View Post
I left a hotel yesterday and caused some damage in a stupid drunk, broken mirror, two large holes in the wall, nothing like this ever happened before in my life! It was paid cash up front, no CC on file, just my ID to prove me identity, do you know if they might file criminal charges? opinions? I have my ID with an incorrect address, but I am sure they took a copy...probably not? Stupid but am not supposed to drink, was alone and bipolar...
My guess is that the police have already been called and indeed you will be getting a visit from your local deputies. Best bet is to call and fess up and offer to pay for the damage. It's the right thing to do as well. By the way, being bi-polar is not an excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 03:12 AM

7 posts, read 3,862 times
That's right, the computer tells us what kind of card you are using.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:16 AM

We always know what kind of card your using, the computer tells us

Old 09-01-2016, 03:23 AM

I learned the hard way about using a debit card. I to was an idiot when it came to checking into a hotel room using a debit card. My total was 600.00 for 5nights. I had 1000 in my account, when they ran my card it tooK 950.00 and held it to three days after check out. I was in Canada when this happen, thank God I had a credit card to help me through the rest of the visit. For now on l'L never use a debit card again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or